• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

yeah, and cam also has lots of interests outside of football, and this team/league don't owe him a goddamn thing.

I've heard he's been smart with his money and just wants to go see the world and poo. 

I hope that is true. He is a fine gentleman and has done tons for this community! I think we all know he will be alright, it’s the fan base and team that is the question mark.

41 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

My guess would be, it's the thing that we have been hearing so much about, the past few years. Paying a QB $35M/yr hamstrings your roster. If you have a good young QB, surround them with talent. I'm sad to see Cam go but Tepper wants to win a Championship and if he thinks this is the best way to do so, I can definitely see him making that decision. 

Agree agree with this take.  We've got to resign Luke, Shaq, CMC etc.  Keep Cam and we won't be able to do this.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

OK, sounds like you know exactly what is going to happen here when no one else has a clue.

So you are saying that if Cam requests to be cut today that the panthers would do so with no thought about the future?  No thought about compensation?  No thought about how that looks in the locker room moving forward?

i believe they would try and help him get to a team he wanted to go to, if that's not possible i believe they would release him outright.   nobody wants this getting ugly, or uglier.   you thinking he would come out and play on a 1 year deal seems crazy to me.  so we both look crazy to each other.  i'm ok with that

Just now, raz said:

i believe they would try and help him get to a team he wanted to go to, if that's not possible i believe they would release him outright.   nobody wants this getting ugly, or uglier.   you thinking he would come out and play on a 1 year deal seems crazy to me.  so we both look crazy to each other.  i'm ok with that

There is nothing crazy about playing on the last year of your deal, especially if you have proven that you cannot stay healthy, which Cam has done.  This happens all the time.

This team should worry about 1 thing moving forward, what's best for this team, nothing more nothing less.  The only people that will feel they owe anything to Cam are Ron and Marty, and they won't be making the decision.

Archived