• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Reading between the lines it seems obvious that managment doesn't like how Newton is handling the seriousness of his rehab.

Yeah maybe he will make another video smoking a stogie and drinking wine. Look like his YouTube was more important!

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

fwiw i've heard he's done done for a while, and it's the same thing I heard 6 weeks ago. 

I sort of heard the same thing, when I got crucified from this board and my pic called out. My little spider had told me a thing or two similar.

Just now, raz said:

that's how it use to work.   and no way tepper refuses.  if your franchise qb wants to leave you make it sound like a mutually beneficial situation and don't make a stink about it.  

Lol that’s not how it works. Look at Trent Williams right now. AB earlier in the year, etc. Teams still own the players hell LeVeon Bell and Melvin Gordon say hi too. 

The owner is looking how for his investment the team and players have to look out for the players. Tepper won’t just let him walk if he presents a better opportunity to win games 

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I sort of heard the same thing, when I got crucified from this board and my pic called out. My little spider had told me a thing or two similar.

motherfuggin talking spiders.  i'm gonna send you my addy.  i want some of whatever it is you got.

4 minutes ago, raz said:

no bro, he can ask for a trade or release and it will be granted and he'll get more than what anyone here wants to offer him, which is a lame duck prove it deal for a franchise qb.  that's not gonna happen.   too much risk for cam.   

Don't think that you understand how trades nor contracts work....or leverage for that matter.

The Panthers CAN trade or cut him, but aren't forced to do so, they hold his rights, and he is under contract.

If the Panthers do trade him, they will pick the city and the compensation, meanwhile the new team would have to agree to said compensation, and agree with Cam on a new contract with him not playing in over a year.  I cannot recall the last time something like that happened.

End of the day, Cam can retire....that is the only way he truly controls his destiny.  Every other outcome has the Panthers controlling it.

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

yeah, and cam also has lots of interests outside of football, and he doesn't owe this team/league a goddamn thing.

I've heard he's been smart with his money and just wants to go see the world and poo. 

Just now, thefuzz said:

Don't think that you understand how trades nor contracts work....or leverage for that matter.

The Panthers CAN trade or cut him, but aren't forced to do so, they hold his rights, and he is under contract.

If the Panthers do trade him, they will pick the city and the compensation, meanwhile the new team would have to agree to said compensation, and agree with Cam on a new contract with him not playing in over a year.  I cannot recall the last time something like that happened.

End of the day, Cam can retire....that is the only way he truly controls his destiny.  Every other outcome has the Panthers controlling it.

i do and cam can ask and no way he is denied.  no way in hell

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

yeah, and cam also has lots of interests outside of football, and this team/league don't owe him a goddamn thing.

I've heard he's been smart with his money and just wants to go see the world and poo. 

steven a smith ended up at his cigar bar. didn't know it was cams when he was going.  said its unbelievable.

Just now, raz said:

i do and cam can ask and no way he is denied.  no way in hell

OK, sounds like you know exactly what is going to happen here when no one else has a clue.

So you are saying that if Cam requests to be cut today that the panthers would do so with no thought about the future?  No thought about compensation?  No thought about how that looks in the locker room moving forward?

Archived