• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield or Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Baker with Andy Reid lol

Alex Smith would get traded again with the same scenario.

Like I said Dalton won 52 games, nobody in their right mind thinks Dalton is responsible for the majority of those wins 

Alex Smith literally put up Mahomes-esque level production and success just being a game manager. 

No one is claiming Dalton or Smith carried teams.   No one has claimed such. 

The point is simply a team CAN rack up more wins with a game manager vs a wildcard gambling gunslinger (that has more talent).  

Baker might can win you a game an Alex Smith type can’t.  No doubt.  But a good football team? Is gonna stack more wins more likely with a consistent game manager.  And winning matters most.  For every great play Baker makes he has two boneheaded plays.  High reward, higher risk.  They ain’t the formula for a team to win consistently 

A lot of folks here remind me of an old friend of mine who was a big Cowboy fan.

He absolutely hated hated hated Joe Montana (probably still does to this day) and every single time the Cowboys and 49ers played I heard the same rant again and again.

"He ain't that good. He doesn't do nothin'. He just sits back there and throws easy passes to a great receiver. Hell, I could do that."

Except it worked. And yeah, Montana may have just been distributing the ball, but the 49ers won games like that, championships even.

Frankly, it's because that kind of efficient, nothing special game management looks so simple that it really frustrates you when you're losing to it. You tell yourself he's doing nothing but throwing the ball three or four yards down the field, except suddenly he's done it enough times that they're within your 15 yard line and threatening to score.

That's how you wind up wondering how that guy who isn't making any fancy highlight reel plays is beating you.

Watching offenses like that helped me learn not to give a sh-t how fancy it looked.

All that matters is whether it works.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Alex Smith literally put up Mahomes-esque level production and success just being a game manager. 

The point is simply a team CAN rack up more wins with a game manager vs a wildcard gambling gunslinger (that has more talent).  

Baker might can win you a game an Alex Smith type can’t.  No doubt.  But a good football team? Is gonna stack more wins more likely with a consistent game manager.  And winning matters most.  For every great play Baker makes he has two boneheaded plays.  High reward, higher risk.  They ain’t the formula for a team to win consistently 

Mahomes literally doubled Smith in TD, so no it wasn't Mahomes level production. Smith was holding that offense back and Mahomes proved that 

Winning regular season games when everything if firing at all cylinders. But what happens in crucial playoff games? they falter, what happens when they are asked to carry a team? You get the 0-8 Bengals 

You put Baker with the chiefs and he would run circles around Alex Smith in terms of production.

11 hours ago, CRA said:

would he though?  I'm not so sure that is true.  Especially if things continue as they have been. 

Allen will have proven he can step in a system and a team can have success.   Baker will just be a bust with drama....and a nice contract you have to take on.   No one is going to be trading a first for Baker right now. 

We get to 10-11 wins w/ Allen? You could probably deal him for a 4th.  Maybe higher (2-3) if he becomes more Delhomme like and can make some more splash plays and improves (which he should improve to some degree)

Wtf are you smoking??

4 hours ago, CRA said:

No the fug Alex Smith didn't.. Show me the 50 passing TD 5,000 yard season from Alex smith?? Please..

Funny how our system and OL is poo and got Cam killed, Allen comes in and wins a few games and suddenly its our system and it is so great. 

Double standard around here, Baker has sucked terribly this season no reason to believe if he was here he would not have thrown just as many INT's or even more with less talented receivers.

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Funny how our system and OL is poo and got Cam killed, Allen comes in and wins a few games and suddenly its our system and it is so great. 

Double standard around here, Baker has sucked terribly this season no reason to believe if he was here he would not have thrown just as many INT's or even more with less talented receivers.

You know this is a different season and the Oline has change dramatically since Williams has been taken off the LT spot right?? You know there is a thing called context and timing when ppl make statements which alter the meaning entirely right?? It's called reading comprehension.. It will help you not make post like this..

Archived