• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield or Kyle Allen

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Baker Mayfield.  And LOL @ anybody who says any different.  Allen would be getting his ass killed if he played for Cleveland.  Baker would be playing as good or better than Allen if he played here.

Allen was supposed to be dead already playing for the panthers. That's what was said here anyway.

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Baker Mayfield.  And LOL @ anybody who says any different.  Allen would be getting his ass killed if he played for Cleveland.  Baker would be playing as good or better than Allen if he played here.

Baker is more talented than Allen.  That isn't the question.  More talented player doesn't equal better results.  I mean some of the most talented HS players don't make it to college.  Some of the more talented college kids don't make it to the pros.  Some of the super talented ones that make it don't have success. 

Being good at football at a high level isn't just about talent.   The NFL for those that have the ability to make it this far? Largely becomes more about what is between the ears and decisions. 

Baker Mayfield most likely would be having problems wherever he was....because he is Baker Mayfield.   Lot of the super gifted players flop...because all they are is just natural athletic ability. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Which 2018 class rookie would you rather have on your roster?

Actually tough.

Look Allen has been good.  But think the key in this is Norv.

Yes Mayfield has the better WRs etc.  But if you watch their games.  Its a lot of slower developing and throwing the ball deep.

They have a bad OL just like our if not worse.  If Allen was put into Bakers spot right now in that offense even with those WRs he'd look terrible too.  We've all seen and can admit Allen is a Terrible deep passer and the Numbers are there that he is the worst in the league at passes over 20 yards.  So if you throw him in Cleveland where its a bunch of those long throws behind a terrible OL, he'd probably be like the last 20 Cleveland QBs.  While who knows what Baker would be here under Norv.

I like Allen and what he's doing here, but lets not get crazy here.

Since this is Cleveland we're talking about, it's hard to know where the issues with their offense begins and ends with Mayfield. He hasn't done himself many favors admittedly, but that franchise is just an absolute dumpster fire. Baker and OBJ look like they would rather be pretty much anywhere else.

Truthfully at the time of the OBJ trade I thought the Giants got the raw end of that deal, but I have to eat some crow and admit there just isn't something all the way there with the guy. I don't think he likes losing, but he definitely doesn't seem to care all that much about winning games. The Giants are better off without him.

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Actually tough.

Look Allen has been good.  But think the key in this is Norv.

Yes Mayfield has the better WRs etc.  But if you watch their games.  Its a lot of slower developing and throwing the ball deep.

They have a bad OL just like our if not worse.  If Allen was put into Bakers spot right now in that offense even with those WRs he'd look terrible too.  We've all seen and can admit Allen is a Terrible deep passer and the Numbers are there that he is the worst in the league at passes over 20 yards.  So if you throw him in Cleveland where its a bunch of those long throws behind a terrible OL, he'd probably be like the last 20 Cleveland QBs.  While who knows what Baker would be here under Norv.

I like Allen and what he's doing here, but lets not get crazy here.

Baker would still be a dick

11 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Baker Mayfield would get much more back in a trade, so Baker Mayfield.

would he though?  I'm not so sure that is true.  Especially if things continue as they have been. 

Allen will have proven he can step in a system and a team can have success.   Baker will just be a bust with drama....and a nice contract you have to take on.   No one is going to be trading a first for Baker right now. 

We get to 10-11 wins w/ Allen? You could probably deal him for a 4th.  Maybe higher (2-3) if he becomes more Delhomme like and can make some more splash plays and improves (which he should improve to some degree)

Archived