• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers, Cam Newton, Empty Seats, Social Media, and Branding

Jeremy Igo

The issue is no one really had an issue with Kerry Collins “nuthuggers.” They don’t have an issue with CMC, Kuechly, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any potential new QB we get “nuthuggers.”

The problem always lies when there are super fans of QBs like your Cam Newtons, Michael Vick’s, Lamar Jackson, etc. I remember posters on here, “reasonable” posters, who said Cam Newton fans brought the fan base down like Vick fans. Thats the crap that is being dealt with now.

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

The issue is no one really had an issue with Kerry Collins “nuthuggers.” They don’t have an issue with CMC, Kuechly, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any potential new QB we get “nuthuggers.”

The problem always lies when there are super fans of QBs like your Cam Newtons, Michael Vick’s, Lamar Jackson, etc.

you musta missed the jake nuthuggers.     lots of us, and lots of never jake fans and we use to fight constantly about it.  

14 minutes ago, raz said:

you musta missed the jake nuthuggers.     lots of us, and lots of never jake fans and we use to fight constantly about it.  

Yep. They even had a nickname.. BDJS

Blind Delhomme Jock Sniffers

lol

Jake caught more hell on this board than Cam has. 

Just now, raz said:

I was here.

Jake nuthuggers didn’t get called out until his final year, and after he was gone. Even then, it wasn’t as bad as what Cam “nuthuggers” get. Cam fans have been called out since he first stepped on the scene. Hell, the quote about Cam fans dropping the fan base down, like Vick fans supposedly did was was said in Cams 2nd or 3rd year. Jake fans have never been accused of lowering quality of fans.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I was here.

Jake nuthuggers didn’t get called out until his final year, and after he was gone. Even then, it wasn’t as bad as what Cam “nuthuggers” get. Cam fans have been called out since he first stepped on the scene. Hell, the quote about Cam fans dropping the fan base down, like Vick fans supposedly did was was said in Cams 2nd or 3rd year. Jake fans have never been accused of lowering quality of fans.

i haven't seen cam fans talked about like vick fans and the stuff that happened in the parking lot when the falcons with vick would play here.  i believe you, but that wasn't a thought in my post.   i was on a different message board when jake was here and it was god awful.   same exact fighting but without the racist accusations

I remember lurking on here around the “move on from Jake” sentiment only because I had been ready to move on from him since 2006. I didn’t dislike Jake I just always felt like he was the guy to lead us to where we needed to be. Mush and Smitty definitely elevated his play the same way Julio makes Matt Ryan look better than he is

Archived