• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers, Cam Newton, Empty Seats, Social Media, and Branding

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, dave-o said:

I will get poo'd but....    I deal with the public at my job all day...  The Panthers are a huge topic....  When Cam comes up in discussion a wide majority of folks say they are tired of him and his antics...  Showboating, the clothes, the general circus he brings to the table...  I admit I am one of those people...  I want him to be the best Panther ever but be more business like on the field...  Watch some of the top QB's warming up....  Its all business....  Cam runs around acting like an airplane....  Maybe I just expect more out of the face of a franchise....

Go fug yourself

2 hours ago, JARROD said:

Aaron Rodgers is boring compared to Cam Newton though.

Brett Favre was more like a great Cam Newton comparison— very polarizing, open, personable,.. a brand to himself.

Aaron is a great talent, maybe one of the best talented thats ever played quarterback.

a brand he is not though.

All this "brand" talk is laughable.

Nobody outside of CLT gives a flip about Cam's mythical "brand". 

Kyle Bailey married a girl from the New England area and came back from a visit there earlier this year spouting all this nonsense about folks in that area having mad respect for Cam and the Panthers, blah blah blah... 

Asked a buddy up there about it next I spoke with him, he literally laughed out loud....said Cam (nor Panthers) isn't even on the radar screen for anyone up there, could literally care less.

Maybe the Panthers should hang a "Cam's Brand is #1" banner in the stadium?

From 2009-2016 with Rodgers at the helm the Packers had 8-straight winning seasons and played in 16 playoff games, winning 9 (not to mention 3 of the 8 losses were in OT). 

Oh, won a Super Bowl along the way too.

OK let's get that "brand" banner hung asap!

15 hours ago, dave-o said:

I will get poo'd but....    I deal with the public at my job all day...  The Panthers are a huge topic....  When Cam comes up in discussion a wide majority of folks say they are tired of him and his antics...  Showboating, the clothes, the general circus he brings to the table...  I admit I am one of those people...  I want him to be the best Panther ever but be more business like on the field...  Watch some of the top QB's warming up....  Its all business....  Cam runs around acting like an airplane....  Maybe I just expect more out of the face of a franchise....

You were correcting about the pooing you were going to receive, unfortunately that was the only thing you were correct on.

If you honestly think cam wasnt all about winning, and taking this team to new heights, and your only argument is his over enthusiasm and the fuging clothes he wears, and you genuinely found people who agree with that, you've really set yourself up to be called one thing, and one thing only.

Jesus christ, imagine being a cognizant human being, and criticizing someone for being enthusiastic during game day, and being criticized for running around like an airplane.

Find a mirror dude, and do some self searching.

22 minutes ago, SBiii said:

All this "brand" talk is laughable.

Nobody outside of CLT gives a flip about Cam's mythical "brand". 

Kyle Bailey married a girl from the New England area and came back from a visit there earlier this year spouting all this nonsense about folks in that area having mad respect for Cam and the Panthers, blah blah blah... 

Asked a buddy up there about it next I spoke with him, he literally laughed out loud....said Cam (nor Panthers) isn't even on the radar screen for anyone up there, could literally care less.

Maybe the Panthers should hang a "Cam's Brand is #1" banner in the stadium?

From 2009-2016 with Rodgers at the helm the Packers had 8-straight winning seasons and played in 16 playoff games, winning 9 (not to mention 3 of the 8 losses were in OT). 

Oh, won a Super Bowl along the way too.

OK let's get that "brand" banner hung asap!

.... cam singlehandly brought the "dab" to popular culture.

He is a cultural influence 

Ffs

32 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

.... cam singlehandly brought the "dab" to popular culture.

He is a cultural influence 

Ffs

Awesome!

Let's get a big ol' #1 Dab Banner hung asap! 

Maybe make up a bunch of replica #1 Dab Banners and sell them to the "fans"?

Let me tell you a story about a big name QB and his effect on a fan base. Our younger fans need to hear this. He was the first college player ever drafted by the Panthers. He came with very high expectations leading us to the NFC Championship game in only our 2nd year, an unexpected, never-before event. His play declined in 1997 and in 1998 he left the team. The fan base was in shock. Sh!t happens.

My path to the stadium is straight south down I-77. Kerry Collins is a native Pennsylvanian and attended Penn State. The amount of Pennsylvania license plates on that highway was unbelievable for home games. I don’t remember that any of those cars had only 2 people in them. There were also a couple of buses. I’m sure it went on all morning too. The next game after he quit, they were gone. Attendance suffered for a game or two. But the Panthers didn’t quit and Panther fans appreciated Steve Beurerlein more than we may ever be able to show him. 

Were they fair weather fans? No. They were Kerry Collins fans. There will always be fans of certain athletes especially QB’s. They may be gone once the athlete is gone, they may not. Whining that your current favorite player is no longer a Panther or that the Panthers are going to forever suck changes nothing. The Panthers didn’t quit in 1998 or 2001 or 2010 and they haven’t quit now. Do you think the child that got a TD football from McCaffrey last game is going to refuse it because it’s not from Cam? 

1 hour ago, SBiii said:

Awesome!

Let's get a big ol' #1 Dab Banner hung asap! 

Maybe make up a bunch of replica #1 Dab Banners and sell them to the "fans"?

Like every other discussion, the point exist so far above your head, that your lack of capacity leads you right back to your hamster wheel.

The fact that my basic point went clearly above your head, and your response, is clearly evident that you are only capable of child like understandings.

Keep up the wierd conspiratorial reads of "body languages"

I truly feel bad at your stunted mental growth, and will do my best not to insult your lack of understanding.

This what majority of fanbase wanted. The good ole days. Before Cam the music the crowd and the cheers were lack luster. We are turning back into the bland Carolina Panthers again. At least majority of the fan base can sleep safe at night knowing Cams scarfs won't hurt them.  We have no vibe or flare. Just ppl playing football "the right way"  lol 

39 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

This what majority of fanbase wanted. The good ole days. Before Cam the music the crowd and the cheers were lack luster. We are turning back into the bland Carolina Panthers again. At least majority of the fan base can sleep safe at night knowing Cams scarfs won't hurt them.  We have no vibe or flare. Just ppl playing football "the right way"  lol 

Maybe now they’ll finally get to sit at games again like they used to do,

55 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Facts.

No more showboating or as the old folks call it “hotdogging”

Our fanbase gets to sit down and enjoy their wine and cheese plate in peace now

we don't have any good ol days.  y'all are ridiculous.   we have a few playoff runs to look back on with fondness and lots of mediocrity.   that's it.  that's with collins, beurlein, jake and cam.     who cares if we have social media drip, or flare while being mediocre.  it doesn't change anything.    

Archived