• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey Transcript - Titans Game

Jeremy Igo

Running Back Christian McCaffrey

RE: Getting this win after last week’s loss
That was big. We have a lot of guys that remember what that day felt like last year and we’re halfway through the season now and we’ve got a lot of football left so we’ve got 16 one-week seasons. We’ll move onto next week now. We appreciate the win but there’s a lot of ball left so we’ll get after it on Monday.

RE: What surprises him most about his play this season
I’m not really surprised. We’ve just got to take it one day at a time and focus on all that stuff at the end of the year and see what happens. I just want to win, I think everyone in this locker room just wants to win and I’ll do whatever I can to help out.

RE: DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel’s performances in today’s game
It’s a great day for everybody. Those guys are super dynamic and you look at some of the third down plays that they had today – DJ on that third down, screen on the left there – those are huge momentum plays and plays we end up putting in the end zone and you could argue it’s because of that. Dennis Daley making a block on the corner, guys doing their jobs down field. It’s a team game and football’s the best sport in the world because of that, so when pieces start to come together it’s a lot of fun.

RE: Big touchdown runs
We’d love to say that every week. Sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn’t but in a day we know we’re going to get some four-yard, five-yard runs on certain plays and we have a lot of confidence in our o-line that there’s going to be a hole that opens up and we’ll be able to break one. It’s about staying patient, staying true to your eye and staying true to your reads and when there is a hole, you’ve got to hit because those don’t come around a whole lot.

RE: Bouncing back at home
That was awesome. We love playing at home. I think we have some of the best fans in the league. Getting wins at home is extremely important and we have a really good road team too, but there’s nothing like playing at home

RE: Playing in Green Bay next week
That will be a lot of fun. I’ve played a few snow games in my life just growing up in Denver so I’m kind of excited for it. Those are some of the games that I remember the most growing up. It’s a great challenge, they’re a heck of a football team and we’re going to have our work cut out for us.

RE: Dennis Daley’s play this season as a rookie
He’s done a great job. He’s done an amazing job. I think when you look at our o-line overall and what Coach (John) Matsko has done with them, you see guys playing left tackle, guys playing right tackle, guys
playing guard and having to step in due to injuries, it’s really impressive. I don’t know too many teams that have that much depth and that many dynamic offensive linemen who can move around. It’s been cool to see him do extremely well, obviously I’m extremely thankful for those guys – I don’t go without them, so hats off to them.

RE: The honor of coming out of the tunnel last for the first time before the game
Definitely, that was a really cool honor. I was really appreciative of that.

RE: Teammates and coaches saying he is the heart and soul of the team
It means a lot. I think we’ve got a lot of heart and souls on this team but I’ve definitely tried to step in as a leader. I think we’ve got a lot of great leaders who I’ve learned from but for me it’s doing my part, showing up and holding myself accountable to my teammates and doing my job to the best of my ability. Once again, it’s such a team sport so as all of us start to click together and continue, we’ve got a lot of leaders on this team and it’s special.

RE: His leadership style
I don’t think it’s anything above and beyond. I want to win just like everybody else does and I think when you have a team that has really good comradery and that wants to be around each other and enjoys being in the locker room, it makes practice fun, it makes lifting and working out fun because those guys are your friends. That’s something I enjoy. You look at Luke Kuechly, he’s the standard – what he’s been able to do on the field and who he is off the field speaks volumes. I just try to take a little note from his book and do the same.

RE: Seeing the Hurricanes players in his jerseys and the two teams feeding off of each other
That was really cool. I’ve become a huge ‘Canes fan since I’ve been here. I love hockey so seeing them all wear my jersey was funny. The guys were all giving me some slack on the sidelines saying it was a bunch of me – a bunch of white dudes with blond hair. But it was cool, that meant a lot. I was happy they got to come out and hopefully after the season we can get out there and watch them go deep into a playoff run.

Archived