• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen Transcript - Titans Game

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

RE: Covering the ball during sacks

I think I’ve watched a lot of tapes of Cam [Newton] getting hit and holding on to the ball like that. I’m just tired of fumbling, to be honest with you. So, I’m happy I held on to it.

That hit he took before the half where Manhertz whiffed was impressive. I thought FOR SURE he was going to fumble that. I don't know if you really can correct fumbles by watching film (I'm pretty sure Cam's huge hands is a big reason why he doesn't fumble much), but all I know is that 4 weeks ago Allen is 100% fumbling that ball.

44 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Well I never said he couldn’t continue to grow. Most are pointing towards just THIS year and our chances to make the playoffs are limited if Allen can’t hit those deep passes.

Agreed. What I’m hoping is that his deep ball improves enough to be credible by seasons end. I’m not sure how reasonable an expectation that is, but it doesn’t feel absurd based on how we’ve already seem marked improvement from him elsewhere. Also can we survive a tough schedule as a team to be in the playoff race at the end?

Part of his problem on deep balls is still reading defenses and knowing where the favorable matchups will be.  Sometimes by the time he sees the opening deep, he can't throw it far enough to get it there and lead him. As things slow down, he trusts his receiver, and he recognizes where he has a favorable matchup he will start hitting them earlier in the route when they first break open. That is what most quarterbacks do not named Rodgers or Mahomes.

Archived