• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shout-out to Dennis Daley!

Jeremy Igo

32 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think at this point you have to say Daley has outperformed Little, don't you? Forget what round they were drafted in, strictly by on field performance, isn't it kind of hard to say you feel better with Little as your LT than Daley? And that's not a knock on Little at all, he's looked good before he got hurt. I just think at this point, how can you not say LT is Daley's job to lose?

In fairness one has been concusses and the other healthy.  Daley has impressed for sure and  he has had an opportunity to perform. Little hasn’t at least not as much.  I’m not ready to compare the two. I just hope Little gets healthy.  

3 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

In fairness one has been concusses and the other healthy.  Daley has impressed for sure and  he has had an opportunity to perform. Little hasn’t at least not as much.  I’m not ready to compare the two. I just hope Little gets healthy.  

I know that Little has not had a great deal of time to show what he can do, and what time he has had has looked promising. I'm just saying that if these two players weren't rookies and people didn't have their recent draft position heavily on their mind, I don't think there's much doubt that Daley would be regarded as the starter for now going forward, even if Little were ready to play next week. I hope he gets back soon as well because they both look like they can contribute and we need improvement on the OL period. 

It's just a fact that guys who know they aren't getting replaced because there aren't quality players to replace them with tend not to play as hard or well as guys looking over their shoulder, so even if Little isn't starting, if he's healthy, he should push the guys who are out there to play better.

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think at this point you have to say Daley has outperformed Little, don't you? Forget what round they were drafted in, strictly by on field performance, isn't it kind of hard to say you feel better with Little as your LT than Daley? And that's not a knock on Little at all, he's looked good before he got hurt. I just think at this point, how can you not say LT is Daley's job to lose?

I’d agree - slightly.

However Little’s ceiling is higher by prospect standards since that’s all we have at this point. 

It will be training camp that decides all. However Rivera will make the call who plays and as we all know he isn’t the best at that. I mean Williams was playing LT over Daley and healthy Little at the beginning of the season.

30 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I know that Little has not had a great deal of time to show what he can do, and what time he has had has looked promising. I'm just saying that if these two players weren't rookies and people didn't have their recent draft position heavily on their mind, I don't think there's much doubt that Daley would be regarded as the starter for now going forward, even if Little were ready to play next week. I hope he gets back soon as well because they both look like they can contribute and we need improvement on the OL period. 

It's just a fact that guys who know they aren't getting replaced because there aren't quality players to replace them with tend not to play as hard or well as guys looking over their shoulder, so even if Little isn't starting, if he's healthy, he should push the guys who are out there to play better.

Understand.  Agree that Little will not be anointed the spot over Daley. That would be a mistake.  I just hope Little gets healthy and start to show some of the promise that flashed early and helped make him worthy of the high pick.  Tackle depth is an oxymoron in Carolina. 

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Looking like the best LT we've had since Gross, by a lot...  and he's only a rookie?  What a steal!

During the draft, I researched him a bit---was raw, inconsistent and suddenly during his SR year, he got it during the last few games---and had a good game vs. Clemson.  I thought he would be a good late rounder or UDFA, but I had no idea he would be anything more than a fringe reserve/practice squad player.

If he works out, and it is looking positive, we could move Little to G.  Personally, I think Turner is overpaid.  I am fairly impressed with Van Roten, but he will  be 30 next year.  Little may experience fewer concussions inside (because he is a waist bender) than outside.   Just an unproven, unresearched theory

Archived