• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shout-out to Dennis Daley!

Jeremy Igo

He’s already looked better than Kalil ever did here. Not sure he’s going to be a long term elite player by any means but man has he been a revelation for a 6th round rookie, and he’s versatile as hell. I’d say that he’s got a long future here at the very least as a core depth player.

Just now, t96 said:

He’s already looked better than Kalil ever did here. Not sure he’s going to be a long term elite player by any means but man has he been a revelation for a 6th round rookie, and he’s versatile as hell. I’d say that he’s got a long future here at the very least as a core depth player.

I mean realistically at this point he looks like a starter. Sure he whiffed on a sack, but even elite tackles get beat sometimes. So far he's looked pretty outstanding overall, especially for a rookie. At this point we should drop the 6th round draft status thing because it's obvious he'll stick and outperform his draft position even if his play tails off some.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

I mean realistically at this point he looks like a starter. Sure he whiffed on a sack, but even elite tackles get beat sometimes. So far he's looked pretty outstanding overall, especially for a rookie. At this point we should drop the 6th round draft status thing because it's obvious he'll stick and outperform his draft position even if his play tails off some.

I’d pump the brakes a little bit though. OL can get figured out too. People forget because of the Super Bowl, but Remmers was amazing for the 2015 regular season at RT. Miller crushed him and then he was figured out and has been a liability since then.

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

If Little comes back and balls out at LT I wonder where he ends up on the line. 

I think at this point you have to say Daley has outperformed Little, don't you? Forget what round they were drafted in, strictly by on field performance, isn't it kind of hard to say you feel better with Little as your LT than Daley? And that's not a knock on Little at all, he's looked good before he got hurt. I just think at this point, how can you not say LT is Daley's job to lose?

Just now, t96 said:

I’d pump the brakes a little bit though. OL can get figured out too. People forget because of the Super Bowl, but Remmers was amazing for the 2015 regular season at RT. Miller crushed him and then he was figured out and has been a liability since then.

I mean if Daley starts to get beat on a regular basis we can revisit the conversation, but I don't recall that many instances of tackles getting "figured out". IMO Remmers is not a good example of a tackle getting figured out, he's an example of a coaching staff not figuring out at any point in a Super Bowl that your tackle needs help against a generational talent pass rusher.

I'm still very iffy on the line in general.

I've said all season that our concentrating on short, quick passes makes our line look better than they really are.

The 49ers showed how we could be beaten if you had good enough secondary to cover tightly.

Kudos to them for doing what they need to do, but I'm still not ready to praise them too much.

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I mean if Daley starts to get beat on a regular basis we can revisit the conversation, but I don't recall that many instances of tackles getting "figured out". IMO Remmers is not a good example of a tackle getting figured out, he's an example of a coaching staff not figuring out at any point in a Super Bowl that your tackle needs help against a generational talent pass rusher.

OK, you’re right, fit the kid for his gold jacket

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

OK, you’re right, fit the kid for his gold jacket

How you gonna turn my "I think the rookie has earned the starting LT job on an otherwise weak OL" into "He's Canton bound!" C'mon man, that's not remotely what I'm saying. I'm saying that based purely on play to date this season, the LT tackle job should be Daley's until proven otherwise.

Archived