• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out several more weeks. IR possible.

Jeremy Igo

Omg guys it’s a conspiracy.....Lol. this entire debacle is not the fault of one person, but the fault of many, Cam included.  He lied to the staff about how bad it was and they failed to see it.  Those wanting to blame only the coaches are walking around with blinders on.   

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

So Cam is the same caliber of player as Jay Cutler. Got it.

Not in a full analysis, no, but in that they're both franchise quarterbacks, yes.

And again, Cutler was healthy, so even if you consider Newton a superior player, that gives him an advantage that Newton doesn't have.

Bottom Line: A professional coach and GM aren't going to look at Newton like a fan does. They're going to see Newton as an asset, and in this case an asset whose age, contract and significantly bad recent health history are going to be working against him.

Believing it's unthinkable that somebody would move on from Cam Newton is pure fanthink.

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Welp.. Ron and Marty got their excuse to stick around another year. Hopefully Tepper won't buy it

If it turns out that they mismanaged one of his most valuable assets in an attempt to save their skins, I'm sure Tepper will take that into consideration.

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I mean sure, but Cam is a much better player than Cutler. 

When healthy...

Overall, I'd agree. But both were considered franchise quarterbacks, and both were considered flawed, though for different reasons.

I've always most closely compared Newton to Brett Favre. Favre essentially was the Packers, yet the time came when they moved on from him.

If you think that can't happen here, you're in denial.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I’ve got 10-1 odds that if Cam goes on IR that Will Grier will start a game this year for sure 

With this OL, CMC will probably be chucking it out of the wildcat at some point. Might as well get all the records in one year.

47 minutes ago, Growl said:

There isn't much a medical staff can do when a player conceals the extent of his injury

Cam is a guy and an athlete. He wanted to play 

Nobody is to blame.

It seems like a bunch of us amateurs were all like "he's limping and he can't plant", so I'm not so sure they didn't know.

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You are trying to turn it into something it’s not.

Why?

Nobody of Cams caliber has been cut by a new GM/coach. Andrew Luck is the most recent example of new coach/GM coming in and his injuries were far more career threatening. 

mr scot turns any argument against his as “fan speak” when his only example is jay cutler. Who is so vastly different of a player/leader than Cam it is laughable. Nobody thinks this is completely out of the realm of possibility if Newton simply doesn’t overcome his injuries. But if we had a new GM/HC get rid of a franchise qb of Cams caliber on the last year of his contract returning from injury it would be the first time in NFL history I can ever remember that ever happening. It simply does not happen and mr scot is acting like that is just some common thing.  And he’s even speculated that if Cam is healthy it could still happen.

Archived