• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out several more weeks. IR possible.

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Welp.. Ron and Marty got their excuse to stick around another year. Hopefully Tepper won't buy it

Coaches around the league have to work around injuries. You can't use injuries as a crutch to hang onto bad coaching.

If anything its even more damning for Rivera if a similar 2nd half season implosion happens with Allen or Grier , because they same poo will be happening with a different QB. Which points to leadership being the main problem. 

As bad as Cam was in that stretch, I'd say the defense was even worse for the most part. If we're particularly getting our asses handed to us on defense for the rest of the season Rivera's definitely on the hot seat as soon as our season's over. 

38 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Welp.. Ron and Marty got their excuse to stick around another year. Hopefully Tepper won't buy it

If this is the end of Cam in Carolina, hopefully it also signals the end of Ron and Marty simply for the fact I don't think there is a QB on the roster that is franchise caliber. Bring in a new Coach and GM to draft the guy they want.

I think if we lose these next two games, Cam needs to go on IR. I think what Cam is thinking is he wants to be ready IF we make the playoffs. If we were 1-6 or 2-5 I think he’s IR’ed already.

we would be very dumb to not let Cam play out his last year and see where he is at next year as far as injuries. Franchise qbs do not grow on trees and we know what he is capable of if healthy. I get that’s the issue but you have to take that gamble in his final year. 

my hope is he comes back healthy in 2020 with a brand new coaching staff/gm. 

1 minute ago, NYPantherFan said:

If this is the end of Cam in Carolina, hopefully it also signals the end of Ron and Marty simply for the fact I don't think there is a QB on the roster that is franchise caliber. Bring in a new Coach and GM to draft the guy they want.

Rather have Cam with a new coach.  I said after the second game that Cam has earned the chance to get healthy and I still believe that.  Starting over with a new coach and a ? at QB could be disastrous.

Archived