• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out several more weeks. IR possible.

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It has nothing to do with shoulders being connected to feet.

It has everything to do with the fact that as football players get older and further into their careers, they become less resistant to injury. That includes even the strongest and most durable.

Once that starts happening, it generally doesn't reverse itself.

this is a truism. if you're basing your analysis of cam's unrelated injuries on a casual football trope you should stick to talking football over your sunday morning grand slam at denny's

8 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

they were completely unrelated injuries. do people realize human shoulders aren't attached to feet? this is a grossly stupid premise and any argument operating on it instantly fails

Wear and tear brotha, wear and tear.  It’s like anything in this world... once something was used and abused... it will start falling apart no matter how much you fix it.  Cars, shoes, human body and etc.

15 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

they were completely unrelated injuries. do people realize human shoulders aren't attached to feet? this is a grossly stupid premise and any argument operating on it instantly fails

so, it would be nearly impossible to establish that correlation. but, it's not unthinkable that a shoulder problem might cause him to drive off his foot more which leads to a foot problem which leads him to torque more with his shoulder which leads to a shoulder problem that causes him to push off his foot more etc

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

so, it would be nearly impossible to establish that correlation. but, it's not unthinkable that a shoulder problem might cause him to drive off his foot more which leads to a foot problem which leads him to torque more with his shoulder which leads to a shoulder problem that causes him to push off his foot more etc

Once you get to 30s... body physically shits out.  Speed and agility goes first and it takes longer to recover from injuries.  I mean... it takes 2-3 days to recover from hangovers unlike 20s when it took 4-6 hours.

12 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

he's in med school I'm pretty sure

It's less about this instance and more just a stream of posts over several months. He's been howling about how Cam is a "bad patient" and how selfish he has been in avoiding any and all surgery dating back a few years.

It's one thing to offer opinions and quite another to make declarations about a man you've never met based on poo you came up with out of thin air. I've never seen anyone offer that kind of ugly commentary about any other player and injuries. It's just unnecessary. People weren't even that bad with Greg Olsen and the foot injury. It's bitterness for no reason.

If you guys think back to October 2012 Ryan Kalil left during a game with a "sprained" foot that turned out to be a Lisfranc injury. A Lisfranc injury is when the ligaments that connect the metatarsals, the long bones in the foot, to the bones that make up the heel/ankle structure. When Kalil had surgery on his foot the Dr explained that he put several screws in it to hold things in place so they could heal because getting it to heal with out the screws was difficult with the patient walking on the foot. The Dr also said that a Lisfranc injury was a one year recovery if there were no setbacks. Kalil was hurt before the middle of October and was eased back into the line up during the next preseason after the surgical procedure, Kam's foot must be showing signs of healing  so they decided to hold off on any surgery. Lets hope he doesn't start feeling good and re-injures it.  

12 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

this is a truism. if you're basing your analysis of cam's unrelated injuries on a casual football trope you should stick to talking football over your sunday morning grand slam at denny's

I'm basing it on reality, and the reality is that Newton's future is acknowledged by several people to be very much in doubt right now.

Is that unfortunate? Unfair? Tragic? Was it avoidable if the team had handled him better?  The answer to all those questions is probably yes, but it doesn't change anything.

Kyle Allen being the worst quarterback in history wouldn't change it either. If Newton isn't coming back, he isn't coming back. Kyle Allen being bad would just mean the team would have to find another option to replace him.

Maybe it's Will Grier, maybe it's somebody else. Maybe the next quarterback is black, Hispanic, Asian, Canadian or Martian. Who gives a sh-t as long as they're good?

What's going to happen is going to happen. There's not a single argument anybody can make on a niche message board that's going to change that.

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

sure but his foot got stomped on in a freakish injury. maybe the injury affects his passing (duh) but that's a different cause/affect dynamic

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's less about this instance and more just a stream of posts over several months. He's been howling about how Cam is a "bad patient" and how selfish he has been in avoiding any and all surgery dating back a few years.

this was never speculation; they're things ive heard from people that would know. And uh everything I've said has been borne out pretty consistently. 

I love the Panthers and want them to succeed. I love Cam and want him to be healthy and play well. He was done a disservice by the coaching staff (shula) and by the league in general. 

but i don't have my personal identity tied up with one player, and will keep cheering for the team when they're gone. 

Archived