• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton out several more weeks. IR possible.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. And look at Chicago and Trubisky. I'm not nearly as down on Trubisky as many are, but it's very safe to say at this point that they made a terrible trade to go up and get him. It stings even worse because they took him over two much better QBs.

You're aware that the arguments that you're using for hanging on to Newton here are the same arguments people use to say we should keep Ron Rivera, right?

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I suppose you meant San Diego Chargers?

saban had gotten dolphins job.  their dr's said brees shoulder was a no go.  they had dibbs.   then the saints got him.  i wonder if saban would still be there if they'd ok'd brees

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not necessarily talking about us in that case.

We got him after he's already proven himself, but somebody else had to give him that opportunity to prove himself.

The Saints signed him as a free agent when they hired Jim Mora. Mora coached Mills with the USFL's Baltimore Stars where he was a three time USFL All-Pro.

38 minutes ago, Snake said:

At most. It's usually a 6 week injury. The reports coming out that he's still months away is not on track for the injury. 

ok doctor.

6-12 weeks with screws. There’s many varying degrees of severity. 

i think they went the conservative route and tried to rehab it— no surgery for something that’s obviously severe enough to have needed it from the beginning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_injury

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/lisfranc-midfoot-injury/

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. And look at Chicago and Trubisky. I'm not nearly as down on Trubisky as many are, but it's very safe to say at this point that they made a terrible trade to go up and get him. It stings even worse because they took him over two much better QBs.

Bingo.Mahomes and Watson are primarily why there’s a microscope put on trubisky, then of course when you trade up to the second spot you bring a hell of a lot more attention to trubisky’s play when the guys who went after him wins a mvp and another is a mvp candidate

imo, he’s been average to above average, his coach doesn’t help him out much however with questionable play calling, but he isn’t as bad as people make him out to be imo he just got over drafted 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In what way?

You're basically using the same "what if we get worse" argument that people who want to keep Ron Rivera bring up all the time.

And yes it's possible in both cases, but it's not really a good argument for keeping somebody if they can't do the job.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're aware that the arguments that you're using for hanging on to Newton here are the same arguments people use to say we should keep Ron Rivera, right?

Not really. Cam has only been down from the Shoulder for like 10 months and the rest of this is a foot injury that can be quite severe, should have had surgery from the beginning. At any rate, before being injured  last year he was on the way to another MVP.

He’s down a year really— the foot was a freak injury. Again, MVP candidate before the shoulder surgery— and even in our first game Cam still made some great throws with a busted foot.  He can come back.

Ron Rivera went 6-10, 7-9 before taking the team to 4 straight playoff years. The last couple of years we’ve done squat— 

those 4 playoff runs told the story for me really. We could, were and should have beaten San Francisco in 2013, won a playoff game only to lose barely to Seattle,.. again in 2014, get clowned by Wade Phillips in the Super Bowl and of course our 2016 fun year of 3 losses to the Saints.

he can’t close— can’t change— can’t coach the next man up, can’t adjust what he’s doing to put players in their best spots to win.

not the same thing.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I also find concerning is just how little time it took him to get injured again. He was in Preseason Three for what, two or three series?

they were completely unrelated injuries. do people realize human shoulders aren't attached to feet? this is a grossly stupid premise and any argument operating on it instantly fails

Just now, PhillyB said:

they were completely unrelated injuries. do people realize human shoulders aren't attached to feet? this is a grossly stupid premise and any argument operating on it instantly fails

It has nothing to do with shoulders being connected to feet.

It has everything to do with the fact that as football players get older and further into their careers, they become less resistant to injury. That includes even the strongest and most durable.

Once that starts happening, it generally doesn't reverse itself.

Archived