• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What incentive does a "win now, or else" coach have to think long term?

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This new news doesn't change the issue at the heart of it.  Newton limping in the lead up to week 1, protective playcalling all make you question the coach's decision.  Newton hiding the extent of his injury and the team doing the right thing with Short gives you pause.  Draw your conclusions as you will because we'll likely never fully hear what went on.

I don’t know any pro athlete that doesn’t want to play. The GM, the HC and the trainers are there to make the right decision.

Our coaching staff is out of its league in today’s NFL. With our talent we should constantly be in the playoffs like the Chiefs, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks etc.... We refuse to adjust (look at Von Miller being left one on one with Remmers in the Super Bowl) and have too many of these games where we show up flat. Playing Williams at LT the first two games when everyone in this board new he wasn’t equipped just shows you how bad they are. It’s sucks that Cam is hurt and I hope he can get healthy, but if we have a losing record and Rivera and his staff gets fired, it won’t be the worst thing that’s happened... Also we need to work in our other running backs before they turn CMC’s career into Cam’s.

13 hours ago, hepcat said:

I don't think there's anything Rivera can do at this current juncture to keep his job. The team is not good enough to make the playoffs in a stacked NFC with Kyle Allen at QB. They are one Christian McCaffrey injury away from being completely inept on offense. Things are about to get really bad.

I know we just got our ass kicked. But it’s one loss off a 4 game win streak. Let’s see how the next few weeks go before we totally judge the team.

As for Rivera this is his prove it year. If he can get to the playoffs without Cam I’d say that says something. But getting 50 points dropped on you twice in a year is alarming and I wouldn’t be opposed to letting him go so long as we can get a good replacement.

I always found it funny how on this board the qb controversy topic was beat to death along with national media doing the same thing but Cam was never put on ir designated to return nor season ending ir

may be a sign that he is in the plans longer than this year, also kinda indicates he was going to get his starting job back once healthy

19 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hide contents

Miami Dolphins

And the Jets...just more proof people on here only watch the Panthers play and have literally no idea what's going on in the league.

Washington is always in lose now mode for example.

Archived