• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions - Titans at Panthers

Jeremy Igo

37 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yep can't wait to see how Rodgers picks our defense apart next week. I will be playing him in my fantasy league 

Ron has won the last 3 straight against Rodgers.....and this team is significantly better at attacking the QB. 

We matchup much better against GB than SF

42 minutes ago, BigMac said:

Saw the folks at The Athletic refer to this game as a "trap" game.  Not sure how that is possible after we just got drubbed in San Fran and the Titans have won their last two and are technically IN the playoffs right now.  Panthers aren't far and away better than the Titans or at least they haven't proven that they are yet.  Biggest thing will be our defense rebounding against the run game. 

All of this said, I think the defense will play much better this week and but will still have some leaks in the running game.  CMC does his thing and Kyle rebounds from last week and has a decent game. 

Panthers win a close one 24 - 21

Just a technicality - the Titans are not in the playoffs but close.

To me this game is a toss-up. Both teams have good defenses and are starting backup qb’s.

Ryan is playing better than Marcus was, has a two game winning streak. Doubt he’ll get much against our secondary but I worry about our run defense.

Will Kyle bounce back after getting whipped by the 9ers? Will our o-line keep him clean? 

Panthers 21

Titans 17

wont be surprised if we lose

48 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

There is no broken collarbone recovery this year. Rodgers will tear the Panthers up

It isn’t a one game win streak.  They have won the last 3. 

Rodgers literally plays into what Carolina does well on defense.  NFL is a matchup league. 

It simply is a better matchup than the 49ers.  Why? Because we can easily score more points and Rodgers can not help himself but to sit back in the pocket and attack downfield.  All his great games this season he does routinely what a defense feasts on.

I mean he will get his....but you look to the Hou game not 49er game for a comparable threat 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

It isn’t a one game win streak.  They have won the last 3. 

Rodgers literally plays into what Carolina does well on defense.  NFL is a matchup league. 

It simply is a better matchup than the 49ers.  Why? Because we can easily score more points and Rodgers can not help himself but to sit back in the pocket and attack downfield.  All his great games this season he does routinely what a defense feasts on.

I mean he will get his....but you look to the Hou game not 49er game for a comparable threat 

We will talk after the GB game

this is a very different packers team with a new coach and a refreshed Rodgers. 

9 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

We will talk after the GB game

this is a very different packers team with a new coach and a refreshed Rodgers. 

ok, but two things can be true. 

All you said about GB can be true....but they still are still a better matchup for our defense and team in general.  We are literally designed to compete w/ a Green Bay team and not a SF team. 

I don’t see the Panthers blowing out anybody.  I mean, we put up 30+ a few times, but tend to give up yards and points.

We needed all 7 turnovers to stay on top of TB.  We only get 4 or 5 or those and it could have been an L.

I doubt we can force 7 turnovers against Tenn.  That being said, they don’t have the vertical passing attack of Tampa.  They are run-first, play action.  If they are smart, they won’t ask their QB to drop back too often.  Who knows.  Flow and momentum will dictate.

I imagine a pretty close game.  CMC will get his touches and hopefully the customary 2 scores.

As I always say, it comes down to focus and discipline.  After getting dominated in all phases in SF, I wonder about the mindset of the players.

If they come out with something to prove, maybe they get their mojo back.  If they continue to languish in mediocrity, probably not.

I’ll go with the optimistic version:

Tenn:  3   7    0    7    17

Car:     3  10   7    7    27 

The defense holds them in check and the offense manages a respectable showing.

Archived