• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy Halloween you creepy bastards.

Jeremy Igo

Our neighborhood is feast-or-famine for trick-or-treaters. I never know if we will get 5 kids or 50. True story: When I was living in Cincinnati, on October 30th (not 31st) a mom with a group of kids knocked on my apartment door, in costumes, and yelled "Penny night!" When I answered. I had a bunch of pennies so I figured "What the heck" and gave them all pennies. After they left, I closed the door, looked at my girlfriend and said "I'm glad it wasn't dollar night"...

9 minutes ago, Greatman77 said:

Our neighborhood is feast-or-famine for trick-or-treaters. I never know if we will get 5 kids or 50. True story: When I was living in Cincinnati, on October 30th (not 31st) a mom with a group of kids knocked on my apartment door, in costumes, and yelled "Penny night!" When I answered. I had a bunch of pennies so I figured "What the heck" and gave them all pennies. After they left, I closed the door, looked at my girlfriend and said "I'm glad it wasn't dollar night"...

They probably meant "Penny Marshall"--not sure what you should have done in that situation.  Ironically-this is our Penny-o-lantern.  Looks sorta real.image.png.e77b42db6acf77eb3bf4fd636f06e700.png

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

We had an adult party Saturday night. Hopefully doing some trick or treating today then having dinner and a scary movie with our kids at my place. I'm making pumpkin chilli.

Dude how is pumpkin chilli? I have been wanting to try some. Might be my next new adventure in the kitchen 

This has been the coldest, snowiest October I've ever experienced. We've had over three feet of snow so far and I haven't seen a temp above single digits in about three days, not a temp above freezing in over a week. Thankfully, today it's actually supposed to get up to near 50 so we'll take the kiddo out trick or treating. She just turned four and has been excited as hell for week. She still hasn't decided if she's going has Elsa or Vamparina. We have both costumes.

I always buy stuff I like, so if no tykes show up, drunk snacks. I have a bunch of bags made up with-

10 fun size bars

fruit snacks

microwave popcorn (full bags are cheaper than snack bags now)

bag of chips/Fritos/Doritos

CapriSun pouch

I also have some cold CapriSun to hand to the kids, because I remember being so thirsty ToTing that I would hit the spigot by the front porch the second the door closed. And there's always a parent that says "Can I have one of those?', so I offer them water or a beer. You give a Halloween mom a beer, you become a legend. But not to her hubby.

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I live in Wisconsin. Only reason I’m posting this is we should expect some really cold weather and possible snow when we play Green Bay. This is the second snowfall of the season already.

9EAC34FD-B206-4DE5-BE62-79A276E5324F.jpeg

Yea I’m in Utah and we had our second snowfall yesterday with a low of 4 degrees. Yes, 4 degrees in mid October.

Cold as hell, people are saying this is going to be a rough winter.

Looks like I’ll just have to stay inside with the GF all day by the fireplace and have sex. We all have to sacrifice.

Archived