• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In retrospect, thank the maker that Cam Newton did not start

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

we would have been much better off with a healthy newton but im glad we're allowing him to get healthy. punting on this game with a kyle allen is worth it if it potentially extends our hall of fame quarterback's career

Yeah that’s just.. bad

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

I didn't say remove that element entirely and turn him into a pure pocket passer. There's a difference between a handful of runs a game versus having to shoulder the run game entirely which he has done time and time again here including as recently as 2017 when he was our leading rusher after investing an 8th overall pick in the ground game.

You guys that tirelessly stan CMC and talk about "Cam only fans" can't have it both ways. Is CMC the league MVP only when we're winning? I already see a thread touting his overall yardage despite the fact we just got shithoused on the road in primetime again. But let's talk about all those "Cam fans" that are gonna jump ship :eyeroll:

Per usual, you're injecting things I didn't say.

A Cam that isn't a threat to run on any given play isn't a Cam that D-Coordinators fear.  That is what I said.  Full stop.

To expound upon that, D-Coordinators are not fearing what Cam does solely with his arm, with his pocket presence, with his clock management or any other play-making abilities without that run-threat element.  Rage against that however you will.  Don't care.  Doesn't change the facts.

I think some are failing to realize the loss was probably inevitable given how poorly the defense played.

HOWEVER, if the 9ers hang 51 on us while we put up 24-28, and Kyle Allen goes for 282 2tds and 1int, there’s not as much and outrage. 

The issues is that was far from happening, Kyle Allen looked Sam Darnoldish yesterday, we talk about the online but there were multiple sacks that were taken by Kyle, like the one where he’s clearly outside the pocket and refused to throw the ball away, that were attributed to his poor pocket presence. The ints were also very bad, except the nick boss one, just a hell of a play.

i can’t say a healthy cam wins the game, but I can say I’m more than confident he hangs 24-28 on them even In a losing effort.

kyle had earned a chance to redeem himself if cam isn’t ready, I’ve been saying all along to pump the brakes, the odds of him turning into Brady or Kurt were stacked heavily against him and he is more likely to fall in the Foles(pre Super Bowl), keenum ect category.

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Are we really going to sit here and pretend we haven’t seen a healthy Cam win these games? 

If you go check out my timeline over the last week, you’ll see about 10 examples of valiant Cam wins. 

Yesterday was a bit too much to overcome, probably for anybody.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

With the team around him playing horribly and a joke of a gameplan? 

Nope. There have been plenty of healthy Cam blowouts.

Fair, but we don’t know that the result would have been the same with Cam. 

Plenty of times where the defense were giving up points we’ve seen Cam put the team on his back. 

Kyle won’t lose the game for you, but he’s not going to win it either. We had a window to make the game competitive yesterday and I have to believe Cam could have stepped through that window. Kyle was never going to. 

I certainly would hope Cam Newton would have done better. He’s the starting quarterback. Kyle Allen is the back up. I’m not sure why this is such a huge controversy? 

The only reason Kyle Allen got a shot is due to injury. I certainly haven’t made the case to replace Cam permanently. And if I was, I wouldn’t start with Kyle Allen. I’m happy that he’s gotten some action this year, and I’m glad the team won some games when he played. I give him his share of credit for that. 

I guess a lot of this heat comes from the national media? I avoid that dogshit like the plague, so I don’t know what shows are driving it. 

I had hope that we would hand them their first loss, but i was worried about stopping the run.  That all went to poo very quickly, as the fear that countered my hope was that Rivera would have us come out looking sloppy and unprepared coming off the bye week...  welp...

Glad it was Kyle for the reasons Jeremy mentioned, and also, now, these idiots who have been celebrating Allen's rise as though he was an actual threat to a healthy Cam's job have gotten a much need reality check.  He has done an admirable job, but he's not why we're winning.

41 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

playcalling has been an issue with Turner just like Shula. We need an up to date coordinator period. I'm tired of just seeing CMC. like we don't have any other players that can run or catch. It's sad.

In no way on this or any other planet is Turner like Shula.  If you think yesterday's performance would have been the same with Shula at the helm, you are certifiable

2 hours ago, twylyght said:

In no way on this or any other planet is Turner like Shula.  If you think yesterday's performance would have been the same with Shula at the helm, you are certifiable

from what I have seen they are one in the same. Sure some things are a little different but results are the same.

Archived