• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In retrospect, thank the maker that Cam Newton did not start

Jeremy Igo

Not to add a wet blanket to this uplifting thread, but someone else mentioned that a beatdown against Pittsburgh sent us on a long losing streak last season.

How do you see us moving forward, you know, with an inspiring HC like Rivera?

20 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Are we really going to sit here and pretend we haven’t seen a healthy Cam win these games? 

Cam has a long career of all kinds of fabulous examples on can look back at. 

I can't recall Cam winning a game where the defense had its face kicked in like last Sunday.  SF did things to our defense has never been done in our existence.   Cam doesn't win games like that.    No QB wins games like that. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Cam has a long career of all kinds of fabulous examples on can look back at. 

I can't recall Cam winning a game where the defense had its face kicked in like last Sunday.  SF did things to our defense has never been done in our existence.   Cam doesn't win games like that.    No QB wins games like that. 

The Broncos defense didn't lay a beat down on us in SB 50 like SF did on Sunday.  New England and San Francisco are doing historic things on the defensive side of the ball this season. 

I have no clue where anyone in their right mind thinks a single personnel change on our side (aside an all star O-Line) does anything to alter the trajectory of how things played out.  Take any QB in the history of the NFL and insert them on this team.  There is no sniffing a W outcome for how things played out.

Anyone with reasonable expectation coming into this on Sunday knew this.  Yet here we are... making proclamations to that end making anyone entertaining the notion that much dumber for having done so.

I know I did this same kind of thinking as a kid.  God how fugin dumb did I sound to anyone I talked to?

Archived