• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In retrospect, thank the maker that Cam Newton did not start

Jeremy Igo

It would not have mattered if Tom Brady started for the Carolina Panthers yesterday. It was destined to be a butt whooping before the Panthers ever stepped foot off the plane. 

Thank goodness Cam did not play or the national narrative right now surrounding this team would be brutal. Better to have Kyle take a beating and have a bad game. This kind of loss as Cam's first game back would be a perfect storm of fuckatude. 

14 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

a healthy cam would've kept us competitive i believe

I don't think so. It would have been one of the many Rivera melt downs we have seen over the past 9 years. Healthy Cam didn't matter then, would not have mattered yesterday. Possibly it would only have gotten him hurt again from trying to do too much in a losing team/coach effort. 

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

a healthy cam would've kept us competitive i believe

maybe if he was playing defense too.   good gravy that was bad.   2   75 yd drives out of the first 3.  then norv calling plays that take 3 seconds to develop when allen had 1.5 to get the ball out.   i hate that it looked like 2 old dudes calling plays whose minds just didn't seem to be able to keep up with the game. yeah cam would have done better but the couple times we had a glimmer of hope the D folded on the next drive.   

We needed better OL play and better D in general. We got our asses handed and if you think a QB change would have made it any better, you weren't paying attention or you're seriously overestimating how good Cam will be his first game back.

Let Cam come back in a game where we know Kyle Allen would have a good game. Gives him the opportunity to do well without having to do too much. Get his groove back with some confidence and build off of that moving forward

i'm really glad to have you guys to commiserate with after that terrible performance.  good god.  yesterday was so beautiful up here in the mtns.  it was one of those games that makes me question my decisions in life, well the one decision to not tape the game and go enjoy the weather and do something fun.   and yeah, cam would have done better for sure, but mcvay, payton, and shannahan make our D look like idiots.   they use all luke's film study against him and make him look like an undisciplined fool, and shaq was worse than that.    

If Cam was 100% healthy, I could reasonably say 55% of the time we answer the 49ers 1st score. They throw that interception Cam takes it in again we’re up 14-7 instead of down 7-3. 49ers have to change their play calling being down 7 already. Ultimately, I’ve been arguing for Allen to start until Cam is 100%, that stays the same. Kyle starts vs TN and doctors evaluate for GB. If saints lose next week I might push pretty hard for Cam vs GB. My question. What was bothering him in September? The shoulder or foot? If it was the foot and those passes in camp were legit, then we got a shot to go in the dome and win... why does nobody remember this is the same OC that Julio went off for 300 on us with. We sucked that year but we were not 2-14... Ron Rivera owns Belichick, just some matchups are not great. 

Archived