• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Little can go, keep Daley at LT?

Jeremy Igo

The main question is if Daley is a better LG than GVR. If he isn’t then you stick with Daley at LT. If Daley is better than GVR at LG then you have a major decision to make. Which is more important? Having the better LT or having the better combination of LG/LT with slightly worse tackle play? I really don’t know the answer to that question honestly. You don’t want the best players out there playing overall but poor guard play can be masked much more easily with doubles from the center whereas a tackle is generally on their own unless you want to sacrifice a TE to help block so that’s a factor.

All that hinges on Daley definitely being a better LT than Little which is also something we really don’t know yet. And even if Daley is slightly better then you have to factor in that Little likely has more growth potential. I do think it’s a fair assumption that Little is not capable of playing LG while Daley sticks at LT.

You put the best 5 out there.  Personally, Little should rest if there's even a little bit of a doubt about his return.  When he returns, I think Little at LT and Daley at LG is your best combination and experience for what's, hopefully, our young future of the OL. Think, two rookies on the left side who are serviceable is a good step at having longevity at the OL.

28 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Little would make a great G, by the way.  I thought that is where he should have been anyway..    Fwiw.

His measurables make him a T

First I’ve seen someone say that. Actually curious as to why you feel that way since everyone seems to peg him as an OT only due to him being more finesse than power.

Archived