• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions - Panthers at 49ers

Jeremy Igo

I think this game will be for the 49ers the kind of games the Panthers used to lose. Remember when the Panthers (during the Cam era) were a good team but were still learning how to finish and beat the better teams in the league? Remember the 2013 season when the Panthers lost to the 49ers in the divisional playoff round? (Was actually played Jan. 2014) Panthers were a good team that season, but just still young and had not figured out how to win the big ones. We saw how that all changed in a short period of time. 

This is what I see in this game, a game where the more experienced  Panthers come out and show a younger upstart team that they still have a little ways to go. I think the 49ers are close, but they still need a year or two. Yes... They could still beat the Panthers obviously, but I feel if the Panthers come out poised and play their brand of football it will be an easier win than we all think. BUT... Panthers have to play within themselves.

I'm predicting Panthers 30 Niners 16...

16 hours ago, CRA said:

If you win a game you committed 5 turnovers in....your opponent is trash and you got lucky. 

It is what it is. 

Sometimes you get lucky.  That is life in sports.  Not sure why 49er fans can’t just admit the fact playing the weakest schedule has something to do with your current record.  All schedules generally have windows where teams look to stack wins vs weaker competition (pending you aren’t a bad team). 

Actually the Cheatriots have the easiest schedule in football since 1972 and have played the weakest schedule this year and yearly with that division...it's super weak...people can yap all they want but the mark of championship teams is finding ways to win in any scenario...be it 5 turnovers or otherwise and winning despite it all...no one has done that better than a not full strength 9ers team this year...and the team is having fun like a big family...that's trouble...funny to hear the bs fans say thinking that changes how good a team is or isn't.. especially a franchise with no rings and very little history as opposed to a historical literal game changing pillar NFL franchise regardless of ups and downs....good thing is the talk ceases on Sun and it's any given...and some minds will be changed

20 hours ago, Gold Blooded said:

1) Yes, but we have been for three weeks and the backups are holding up better then anyone would have anticipated. 

2) Watch the game, you will be corrected. 

3) This is my favorite.... not learned how to win? Are you serious. They have won games in all different fashions this year- literally all of them have specific scenarios that one can point to and say 'they cover came this huge hurdle'. The best example is Pittsburgh, never has a team won when committing 5 turnovers- not a single one, ever. The Niners did. 

SF has played the weakest schedule in the nfl so far this season.....that is all 

55 minutes ago, 777 said:

Actually the Cheatriots have the easiest schedule in football since 1972 and have played the weakest schedule this year and yearly with that division...it's super weak...people can yap all they want but the mark of championship teams is finding ways to win in any scenario...be it 5 turnovers or otherwise and winning despite it all...no one has done that better than a not full strength 9ers team this year...and the team is having fun like a big family...that's trouble...funny to hear the bs fans say thinking that changes how good a team is or isn't.. especially a franchise with no rings and very little history as opposed to a historical literal game changing pillar NFL franchise regardless of ups and downs....good thing is the talk ceases on Sun and it's any given...and some minds will be changed

I’m just a talking this year.  And yeah, SF has played a joke schedule to date. You got no room to be bringing up the Patriots and their weak ass schedule.Yeah, you get credit for winning games.  But if you are going to beat your chest about defensive numbers or whatever....that weak ass schedule gonna legitimately be brought up. 

Yeah, the Panthers became a franchise in 1995. SF became one in 1946.  Your resume is suppose to dwarf ours.   But you living on a resume that predates Carolina’s existence.  Which means little when talking about us and y’all 

Grit wins out. In San Fran they believe 9-0 in a monsoon showed grit. 

That was against the Redskins. 

It showed they don't do well when something goes against them. They were lucky to have drawn that opponent.

Carolina takes this one 20-7. 

Sadly, Kyle will throw his first interception this week, but that's all the bad I can see happening. He'll have 250 yds and two TD, enough to win, but not enough to make the Wow lists. And that's fine. 

On 10/22/2019 at 6:33 AM, Pantherxtreme said:

All we will hear by the national media is how dominant 49ers D-line is, when its the Panthers D-line which leads the league in sacks. 

I say our opportunist defense forces a few turnovers, Kyle Allen has a clean game no fumbles, we get our running game back on track and Panthers win 24-10 score.

Per pro-football-reference.com, 49ers D faced a lot less passing plays, thus 49ers actually lead the league in sack percentages at 10.8%.  The Panthers second at 10.2%.

If you look at pressure % (hurries + knockdown + sacks), the 49ers lead the league at 32.8%, the panthers 7th at 28%.

But what is more impressive is that the 49ers are the second lowest in the league in blitz % at 16.1%.  The panthers 6th in the league at 24%.

We are very very good in pressuring the QB, the 49ers is even better.

38 minutes ago, littleken said:

Per pro-football-reference.com, 49ers D faced a lot less passing plays, thus 49ers actually lead the league in sack percentages at 10.8%.  The Panthers second at 10.2%.

If you look at pressure % (hurries + knockdown + sacks), the 49ers lead the league at 32.8%, the panthers 7th at 28%.

But what is more impressive is that the 49ers are the second lowest in the league in blitz % at 16.1%.  The panthers 6th in the league at 24%.

We are very very good in pressuring the QB, the 49ers is even better.

Against REALLY bad teams. 

Archived