• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions - Panthers at 49ers

Jeremy Igo

Hi everyone, I'm a Niners fan that is not here to talk smack. I'm just hoping for a good, clean, well played game with no severe injuries. There's a lot of football left in the season and it's a marathon, not a sprint, to make it to the last game of the season.

The old school football fan in me wouldn't mind seeing a low scoring, hard hitting game. The fantasy football player with players on both teams wants a high scoring game with no punts.

I see both coaches playing it semi-close to the vest and not opening up their playbooks too much in case they see each other down the road in the playoffs. Prediction is 15-13 with a missed field goal at the end of regulation deciding it.  We'll see how it turns out. Good luck to both teams.

7 minutes ago, Seattle49er said:

Wow sure is some overconfidents here. Who the 49ers or Panthers played don't mean jack come Sunday.

I'm confident 49ers will prevail. 7-0

If you're going to use the word overconfidence pejoratively on another team's message board, the first thing you should probably do is spell it right.

I agree who played whom prior will matter little. Not sure the game will be quite that low scoring as whoever is behind in the 4th may be forced to turn to a passing game that plays into both defenses superior pass rushes. This could lead to turnovers in the 4th that lead to more points late in the game, but I agree it will likely be a defensive struggle.

38 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

If you're going to use the word overconfidence pejoratively on another team's message board, the first thing you should probably do is spell it right.

I agree who played whom prior will matter little. Not sure the game will be quite that low scoring as whoever is behind in the 4th may be forced to turn to a passing game that plays into both defenses superior pass rushes. This could lead to turnovers in the 4th that lead to more points late in the game, but I agree it will likely be a defensive struggle.

Ding, ding ding!!! PEJORATIVE... "Ladies and gentlemen, there is our ten cent word of the day!" Ah, edumacation!! ;-)

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Well obviously (did I spell it correctly?) I didn't swallow a dictionary like you did. But you got my point.

10 hours ago, MadHatter said:

The question is...when the Panthers win, will you come back and admit your team is over rated?  Or, will you just slither away in the night  like nearly every other opposing teams fans do?

How about at the end of season we see who's team ends up on top? If 49ers do you come on here and admit the 49ers were the better team, if the Panthers end of up on top I will come back and do the same.

Deal?

1 minute ago, Seattle49er said:

Well obviously (did I spell it correctly?) I didn't swallow a dictionary like you did. But you got my point.

Since pretty much everything has spell check these days, you just need to actually use it. Don’t be surprised when you show up to another team’s message board talking smack that if you can’t spell your smack talk right someone will call you on it.

28-14 Panthers

Our o-line is healthy but there will be sacks. Our magic bullet is that Chris Manhertz is back. Kyle will have 2 outlets available, Greg and CMC. Curtis Samuel will have a big game.

Our D will swarm as Luke realizes he can read Garoppolo like a book. He's played against Shanahan before and he doesn't forget anything. More than 3 sacks of JG. He's gonna be running in that backfield for his life. Two ints. 

Dortch will torch them on punt returns. #FlyingDortchman circulates on Twitter.

Jimmy G isn't Matty Ice and they don't have anything like Julio (to be fair, no one else does either). We shouldn't compare Shanahan's time in Atlanta to what he has in San Fran.

Passing wise, Jimmy is closer to RG3 than Matty Ice. Maybe his time in WAS is the better indication of this 49er offense - without a world class sprinter at QB. 

Panthers Fans, Thank you all for the good banter this week. You all are good, knowledgeable, fans (well most of you :)). Appreciate the insight you have provided on your team, it makes watching the game more fun and engaging. As requested I will come back on Monday to eat crow, or possibly do some light ribbing. 

Hoping this game is a good one. Final prediction: Niners- 17 Panthers- 13

On 10/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, Untouchable said:

Feels like a 16-13 type game.  I think Norv has been having a very good year and could make the difference in this one.  Plus who doesn't like our D against what we've seen from Jimmy G.  49ers are injured on their OL and I like how we matchup, Panthers win.

True. The media only talks about their defense and speaks about ours as an after thought. 

Jimmy G. Has had 6 ints against some pretty bad teams. Thieves Avenue will pick him 3x with one being a pick 6.

Panther 27-10

Archived