• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, ItsJustMe said:

I mean he’s right.  When Brady went down with an injury and Cassel came in and went ham on defenses and carrried the team, you didn’t hear about any debates from their fan base about who they would want to keep playing...

You didn't? I was living in Massachusetts at the time and I heard plenty.

27 minutes ago, Bartin said:

You are aware players can play through an injury if they are able to, right? Not every injury means you can’t play.

Yes--very aware.  But there is also a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.   That is why teams have a medical staff.

The medical staff is fully AWARE of every injury on the team--from a groin to a poked eye---they might OK those---we really weren't talking about that, but if you want to go there to defend a bad point, go ahead.

30 minutes ago, Bartin said:

You are aware players can play through an injury if they are able to, right? Not every injury means you can’t play.

Does this guy watch any other games? As in last nights? Does anyone not know of Mahomes? Did he not know Newton was on the injury report most of last season? That reid and Burnes have played with injuries.

There's more to the league than Cam Newtom tunnel vision 

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes--very aware.  But there is also a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.   That is why teams have a medical staff.

The medical staff is fully AWARE of every injury on the team--from a groin to a poked eye---they might OK those---we really weren't talking about that, but if you want to go there to defend a bad point, go ahead.

Come on man. Think. You contradict every point you try to make.

Just look at an injury report. They are published every day beginning Wednesday. 

I don’t know how hard enjoying the ride can be when you’re winning.

I think a lot of folks don’t realize how difficult it is to win a football game. I don’t care who you’re playing. One would hope that seven game losing streak would have been a good lesson in that. 

I would be enjoying this win streak no matter who’s at quarterback. It’s truly been a team win streak.

39 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Come on man. Think. You contradict every point you try to make.

Just look at an injury report. They are published every day beginning Wednesday. 

What the hell are you talking about?  You do not know the origin of the discussion, do you?  You just latched onto an assumption based on the fifth response I made to an original point and went with it.  Good for you.  I made one point and had to explain it 4 times in different ways because public schools do not serve us all.

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

At various times, I've been Scott Fowler, Igo's alt and a Panthers employee planted to influence opinion on this board.

Which one am I in this scenario?

(or do I have a new identity I hadn't heard of before?)

A sanctimonious know it all who posts intentionally obtuse scribes with the intention of seeming the impartial football historian. But, your opinions/biases come across crystal clear to anyone with 5th grade reading comprehension.

Age=/=wisdom, as much as you would like to believe.

40 minutes ago, bandu said:

well the facts tell us otherwise since the Panthers have an overall winning record whenever they wear silver & black uniforms.

Alternatively, we could decide that as a species since we’ve split the atom and gone to the moon, that collectively we can all agree superstitions are nonsense and this includes stuff like playing better or worse as a team in certain uniforms.

25 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

A sanctimonious know it all who posts intentionally obtuse scribes with the intention of seeming the impartial football historian. But, your opinions/biases come across crystal clear to anyone with 5th grade reading comprehension.

Age=/=wisdom, as much as you would like to believe.

Actually, I think in this version of reality I'm someone who has no idea who you are and doesn't really care about your opinion.

And congrats on having 5th grade reading comprehension, though you might want to work on improving that (just sayin').

Archived