• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Bartin said:

3 parties have to say yes. The doctors, the player and the coaches. If anyone of them says no then they don’t play.

Then how does Cam not have a case, as you said earlier?  If the doctors and coaches knew of the injury and approved it, Cam would have a case--the only factor we do not know is the verbiage of his contract.   This is often avoided because many players with huge contracts are insured or their contracts clearly state the terms of the deal in the event of injury.  I used to be friends with some NFL players and they would not play basketball, for example, because an injury would void their contract.  THey were allowed to train---that is about it.  Cam's kickball tournament is low-risk, which is why they do it.   Things may be different.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

Yet another thread about it will certainly settle this discussion once and for all. :eyeroll:

Those who talk about "player only" fans and "emotional attachments" seem to want to drag this discussion out as much as anyone else. The above the fray commentary is laughable.

To stop making threads about it would be a start. But then you would actually have to address the trolls that keep initiating this topic.

By far the biggest offenders of initiating/perpetuating this "Cam vs. Kyle" discussion are the hardcore "Cam fans" on the other side of the aisle as those you're criticizing.  Saca alone has made like 4 threads about it...but I don't see you putting your foot down in any of those.

Unless you're actually genuinely counting Jeremy's threads whose primary objective is to incite traffic and activity on his website...other than that, it's literally just that Sam Mills guy.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's the bye week. 

I'm currently crafting a theory about real life Inception.  We are all stuck in the same  dream within a dream...while Cam and Igo and busy shutting down every burger joint in the Charlotte area. 

At various times, I've been Scott Fowler, Igo's alt and a Panthers employee planted to influence opinion on this board.

Which one am I in this scenario?

(or do I have a new identity I hadn't heard of before?)

Just now, MHS831 said:

Then how does Cam not have a case, as you said earlier?  If the doctors and coaches knew of the injury and approved it, Cam would have a case--the only factor we do not know is the verbiage of his contract.   This is often avoided because many players with huge contracts are insured or their contracts clearly state the terms of the deal in the event of injury.  I used to be friends with some NFL players and they would not play basketball, for example, because an injury would void their contract.  THey were allowed to train---that is about it.  Cam's kickball tournament is low-risk, which is why they do it.   Things may be different.

Because Cam would have also known about the injury and approved it. You think Cam didn’t know that his own body was actually injured?

12 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Because Cam would have also known about the injury and approved it. You think Cam didn’t know that his own body was actually injured?

Your "logic" makes no sense.  If the Doctors approved his playing and the coach approved his playing and he was injured, he would have had a case.  Of course Cam knew--he was the injured player.  They knew of the injury because they put Heinicke in the game to throw deep balls.   So how did Cam get to the field if the coach and doctors (both knew that Cam had an injury) let him play?  He would have a case--because he was cleared to play--putting himself at risk based on the feedback from the Dr. and Coach.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At various times, I've been Scott Fowler, Igo's alt and a Panthers employee planted to influence opinion on this board.

Which one am I in this scenario?

(or do I have a new identity I hadn't heard of before?)

you're just you.  I mean this conversation is part of  the dream.  Every game you have watched.  Every day you went to work and wasted time here talking about the Cam injury.  None of it is real.  I just need to find my totem to wake up and see how successful they were in shutting down all the burger joints while they had us all distracted by this fake season.   

Just now, CRA said:

you're just you.  I mean this conversation is part of  the dream.  Every game you have watched.  Every day you went to work and wasted time here talking about the Cam injury.  None of it is real.  I just need to find my totem to wake up and see how successful they were in shutting down all the burger joints while they had us all distracted by this fake season.   

I can't accept that. I know I'm real.

The battle armored unicorn outside my window? Him I'm not so sure of.

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Your "logic" makes no sense.  If the Doctors approved his playing and the coach approved his playing and he was injured, he would have had a case.  Of course Cam knew--he was the injured player.  They knew of the injury because they put Heinicke in the game to throw deep balls.   So how did Cam get to the field if the coach and doctors (both knew that Cam had an injury) let him play?  He would have a case--because he was cleared to play--putting himself at risk based on the feedback from the Dr. and Coach.  

You are aware players can play through an injury if they are able to, right? Not every injury means you can’t play.

Archived