• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I look for signs and try to assemble a theory and hold it until it gets debunked.  What is going on in Cam's head?  That is the issue.  Doing an interview smoking a cigar and drinking wine, not being on the sideline during the Allen starts,  etc. You have to wonder.  Is he sending the team a message?   RR's comments are not supportive of Cam, but they are carefully-selected words.

Here is my conspiracy theory:  What if there is some legal issue that has the Panthers at odds with Cam?  What if the part of Cam's contract that is not guaranteed is to be lost because of injury?   What if Cam is blaming the team for playing him hurt, costing him millions?  He has an argument of that nature if the Panthers played him for half a season with a bad shoulder that was permanently damaged.  Here is the key--why did he not (effectively) throw deep at the beginning of this year?  What did the Panthers know?  We did draft Grier with Allen and Cam on the roster, and Heinicke on the roster.  Hmmm.

I mean that is a good theory.  Haven't gone there with my mind yet. 

But I do believe he has been hurt.  Went in week 1 hurt.  Hurt it worse week 2.  And now that he is out....I fully believe there is something else going on once Cam took himself out.  I do believe he is out purely because Cam took himself out.  I was either thinking a personal thing or mental thing compounded w/ the injury....but that is something to ponder. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

could be Luck type thoughts on the staff after observing Cam.   Could be just life.  I mean guys we watch are TV are battle all sorts of things we often know little about often until much later.   Could be just an injury and nothing more. 

I mean there does seem to be an added component if you read the tea leaves other than just injured foot.

The average NFL coach is paranoid enough to have an entire closet full of tinfoil hats, so I'd imagine the thought has at least crossed somebody's mind.

Also basic human nature. You get into a routine of doing something and you don't think too much about it. But then something stops the routine and suddenly you're just relaxing for a while. And one day you stop and realize "Hey, this is kinda nice not struggling with all that sh-t."

Again, no idea where Newton's head is at, but this kind of thing happens to a lot of people in strenuous situations.

And frankly, would you blame him?

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean that is a good theory.  Haven't gone there with my mind yet. 

But I do believe he has been hurt.  Went in week 1 hurt.  Hurt it worse week 2.  And now that he is out....I fully believe there is something else going on once Cam took himself out.  I do believe he is out purely because Cam took himself out.  I was either thinking a personal thing or mental thing compounded w/ the injury....but that is something to ponder. 

It is a long shot--but I wondered before, "What would a player's agent do if the player was asked to play hurt and became unable to finish his contract?"  That seems applicable to what we know---but requires an active imagination for the rest.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is my conspiracy theory:  What if there is some legal issue that has the Panthers at odds with Cam?  What if the part of Cam's contract that is not guaranteed is to be lost because of injury?   What if Cam is blaming the team for playing him hurt, costing him millions?  He has an argument of that nature if the Panthers played him for half a season with a bad shoulder that was permanently damaged.  Here is the key--why did he not (effectively) throw deep at the beginning of this year?  What did the Panthers know?  We did draft Grier with Allen and Cam on the roster, and Heinicke on the roster.  Hmmm.

Cam consented to playing. He would have no chance to win that case.

3 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Cam consented to playing. He would have no chance to win that case.

In college, it did not matter.  Medical staff makes the call.   I am not sure about the pros, but since Cam is not a doctor and there were medical experts available, the only thing Cam would need to prove is that the medical staff had knowledge of the injury.  If the injury was Cam's secret, then maybe they could explain why Heinicke was inserted to throw a deep ball.  For example, in the case of a concussion, do you leave it up to the player? Nope. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

In college, it did not matter.  Medical staff makes the call.   I am not sure about the pros, but since Cam is not a doctor and there were medical experts available, the only thing Cam would need to prove is that the medical staff had knowledge of the injury.  If the injury was Cam's secret, then maybe they could explain why Heinicke was inserted to throw a deep ball.  For example, in the case of a concussion, do you leave it up to the player? Nope. 

Where does the guy standing on the grassy knoll fit into all of this? :thinking:

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

3 parties have to say yes. The doctors, the player and the coaches. If anyone of them says no then they don’t play.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is so far detached from reality it's only amusing. The depth of BS peoole will allow their minds to dive into to contrive something like this is crazy.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is a long shot--but I wondered before, "What would a player's agent do if the player was asked to play hurt and became unable to finish his contract?"  That seems applicable to what we know---but requires an active imagination for the rest.

but I have thought about the fact, Cam got hurt last year....played hurt down the stretch and looked bad.  He knew he couldn't get the job done at a high level.  Played anyway.  That tape is out there.

Now this year.  Hurt again.  Can't get the job done.  Now he has not one year of bad tape but two.  

The upcoming contract is the upcoming contact.  So I have thought about if you are Cam....what decision puts him personally in the best position when looking at the next contract? Playing hurt this year and more bad tape? 2 years of it? 

Well, that is tough negotiating for a new contract.   Cam is older.  Getting less Cam-like in many ways.  He doesn't  die inside like he use to over a game.  It doesn't consume him.  So to some degree it is becoming more of a business than it was.  So maybe he is just thinking business.  Maybe following Luck (not retirement, but a year off) puts him in the best position to negotiate his next contract.  Because if he is hurt w/ a foot/shoulder whatever.....he likely is the healthiest he could be this year.  Which just means more bad tape.  Even if the foot heels if the shoulder is going to take 6-8 games to work into shape (took Luck a lot of games to get his arm back right)…..why bother.  If the father of 4 is putting Cam and his contract over a game.

Who knows.  Watch him start next week lol

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Where does the guy standing on the grassy knoll fit into all of this? :thinking:

Even though the technology was not available in 1963, I am fairly certain the grassy knoll shooter was photoshopped in as a distraction to hide the real shooter's identity.  The bullet came from a four-year old child in the crowd--the one with the balloon, a signal that all was going according to plan. She was a Russian agent child hired by Jackie at a Cuban Cigar bar, who was still upset about the affair with Marilyn Monroe, if that was her real name. Never been debunked.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Even though the technology was not available in 1963, I am fairly certain the grassy knoll shooter was photoshopped in as a distraction to hide the real shooter's identity.  The bullet came from a four-year old child in the crowd--the one with the balloon, a signal that all was going according to plan. She was a Russian agent child hired by Jackie at a Cuban Cigar bar, who was still upset about the affair with Marilyn Monroe, if that was her real name. Never been debunked.

How comfortable is that jacket with the wraparound sleeves?  I've always wondered.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

but I have thought about the fact, Cam got hurt last year....played hurt down the stretch and looked bad.  He knew he couldn't get the job done at a high level.  Played anyway.  That tape is out there.

Now this year.  Hurt again.  Can't get the job done.  Now he has not one year of bad tape but two.  

The upcoming contract is the upcoming contact.  So I have thought about if you are Cam....what decision puts him personally in the best position when looking at the next contract? Playing hurt this year and more bad tape? 2 years of it? 

Well, that is tough negotiating for a new contract.   Cam is older.  Getting less Cam-like in many ways.  He doesn't  die inside like he use to over a game.  It doesn't consume him.  So to some degree it is becoming more of a business than it was.  So maybe he is just thinking business.  Maybe following Luck (not retirement, but a year off) puts him in the best position to negotiate his next contract.  Because if he is hurt w/ a foot/shoulder whatever.....he likely is the healthiest he could be this year.  Which just means more bad tape.  Even if the foot heels if the shoulder is going to take 6-8 games to work into shape (took Luck a lot of games to get his arm back right)…..why bother.  If the father of 4 is putting Cam and his contract over a game.

Who knows.  Watch him start next week lol

It's plausible.

The one thing that keeps turning me away from the idea that Newton might not want to play is that Schefter tweet. If it came from his agent, you'd have to figure they're likely sending a message.

Granted, we don't know that came from his agent, but who else would it make sense coming from?

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

This is so far detached from reality it's only amusing.

it's the bye week. 

I'm currently crafting a theory about real life Inception.  We are all stuck in the same  dream within a dream...while Cam and Igo are busy shutting down every burger joint in the Charlotte area. 

Archived