• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or maybe they just say things you don't want to hear.

Not really.

i mean I just read someone say that Kyle Allen has started his career better than Andrew luck. We have some seriously dumb people on this board who will go to unbelievable lengths to justify their positions. 

my comment was more to the length of your posts without saying much of anything

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

You don't think a team mate is going to talk up his fellow team mates performance, regardless?

Come on man.

No team mate is going to say to a reporter that they don't have faith in their QB.  

I feel like your entire argument is based on assuming every single person you encounter is an idiot and won't see through your silly statements.

Team mates will always give biased reviews that support fellow team mates to the press.  INB4 you find the 1 time it didnt happen, and pretend like that 1 time out of 50 trillion destroys my argument.

Part of what makes a difference is whether other people who aren't teammates are saying the same thing.

If you look at Olsen, he's primarily been saying that anyone trying to make excuses why Allen's performance doesn't matter is full of it. And no, he's not alone in that. analysts who aren't teammates are saying the same thing.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Not really.

i mean I just read someone say that Kyle Allen has started his career better than Andrew luck. We have some seriously dumb people on this board who will go to unbelievable lengths to justify their positions. 

my comment was more to the length of your posts without saying much of anything

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'll stand by what I wrote. Don't want to read it? Your loss.

But if you don't like my thoughts, perhaps you should try to contribute thoughts of your own as opposed to talking about me (like in your last two posts).

Don't like my point? Make one of your own.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd point out that some NFL analysts - Steve Smith included - disagree with you on that first point.

Regardless of opinions on that though, I do find myself wondering if the shock of Andrew Luck's sudden, unexpected retirement weighs on the mind of Panthers brass at all.

I have to admit if I were in their shoes, it'd probably be renting a small space in the back of my mind.

well, got to keep in mind.  Steve Smith is paid to talk on TV and say stuff that will make people watch.   He is an TV entertainer just as much as he is an analyst.   I mean on a ton of topics, they basically go in and the whole point is for people to take opposing stances.  

and if you doubt that he in an entertainer, just go back and watch him last week put in a lot of effort to embarrass Joe Thomas on live TV. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'll stand by what I wrote. Don't want to read it? Your loss.

But if you don't like my thoughts, perhaps you should try to contribute thoughts of your own as opposed to talking about me (like in your last two posts).

Don't like my point? Make one of your own.

Trust me it’s not a loss

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, got to keep in mind.  Steve Smith is paid to talk on TV and say stuff that will make people watch.   He is an TV entertainer just as much as he is an analyst.   I mean on a ton of topics, they basically go in and the whole point is for people to take opposing stances.  

and if you doubt that he in an entertainer, just go back and watch him last week put in a lot of effort to embarrass Joe Thomas on live TV. 

I wasn't as interested in the part about Smith as I was the latter part of the post, honestly.

Seeing what happened with Luck would make me genuinely wonder whether Newton might have some of the same thoughts.

On the flipside, the Schefter tweet (which may or may not have come from his agent) could be a counterpoint.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

based off of nothing but the ole gut.  I think Cam's break to get healthy is more than just physical.  Hence why the hardline is never taken of, of course he is the starter when he gets back.

I look for signs and try to assemble a theory and hold it until it gets debunked.  What is going on in Cam's head?  That is the issue.  Doing an interview smoking a cigar and drinking wine, not being on the sideline during the Allen starts,  etc. You have to wonder.  Is he sending the team a message?   RR's comments are not supportive of Cam, but they are carefully-selected words.

Here is my conspiracy theory:  What if there is some legal issue that has the Panthers at odds with Cam?  What if the part of Cam's contract that is not guaranteed is to be lost because of injury?   What if Cam is blaming the team for playing him hurt, costing him millions?  He has an argument of that nature if the Panthers played him for half a season with a bad shoulder that was permanently damaged.  Here is the key--why did he not (effectively) throw deep at the beginning of this year?  What did the Panthers know?  We did draft Grier with Allen and Cam on the roster, and Heinicke on the roster.  Hmmm.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wasn't as interested in the part about Smith as I was the latter part of the post, honestly.

Seeing what happened with Luck would make me genuinely wonder whether Newton might have some of the same thoughts.

On the flipside, the Schefter tweet (which may or may not have come from his agent) could be a counterpoint.

could be Luck type thoughts on the staff after observing Cam.   Could be just life.  I mean guys we watch on TV are battling all sorts of things we often know little about often until much later.   Could be just an injury and nothing more. 

I mean there does seem to be an added component if you read the tea leaves other than just injured foot.

Archived