• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, raz said:

the problem with some of your thinking aceboogie is first rivera said cam had no issue with the foot.  then cam supposedly told rivera he did have issues with the foot.  then cam went on youtube and said he was injured and hid it from the team.  so we all accept that cam really was hurt and that's why he literally sucked and cost us 2 games, but we also accept he  lied about the injuries, and he's telling the truth now.  the issue with believing people who lie in important situations, and then explain that they were lying but aren't now, is that you can't really be sure which time they were lying, and if the story they're giving as the truth now is accurate.  well, you know, because they're liars.   there are a lot of reasons the franchise is slow walking him back.  who do think is sheffty's source that he's ready to practice monday?  its not the team. 

Totally agree. I've said here that Cam Newton the player is the definition of hero ball. You have to manage that type of personality.

I can't blame Ron because I don't know enough but none of the trainers or players knew? I find that hard to believe.

Take it easy on Cam. He shouldn't have lied about his foot. And yes, it did cost the team at least one very winnable game.

But has anyone on this board played high-level high school, college or even professionally? Have you ever lied about an injury so you could play. I know I have. I hid injuries as early as high school, and only came out when I couldn't raise my own arm. Honestly I wasn't thinking about whether or not I could hurt the team. I didn't want to let down my brothers and I thought a 75% me was better than my backup. Athletic arrogance and ego is real ya'll. Alpha athletes don't understand the difference between being hurt and being injured until they're really, really injured.

27 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Take it easy on Cam. He shouldn't have lied about his foot. And yes, it did cost the team at least one very winnable game.

But has anyone on this board played high-level high school, college or even professionally? Have you ever lied about an injury so you could play. I know I have. I hid injuries as early as high school, and only came out when I couldn't raise my own arm. Honestly I wasn't thinking about whether or not I could hurt the team. I didn't want to let down my brothers and I thought a 75% me was better than my backup. Athletic arrogance and ego is real ya'll. Alpha athletes don't understand the difference between being hurt and being injured until they're really, really injured.

yeah because a guy in high school equals a 30 year old man leading a billion dollar business on the field.  those things are just not equal.  you're not cam and your football career doesn't mirror his in any way i don't think.   some of cams greatest qualities, like all of us, can also be our biggest hindrances.  his childlike enthusiasm can also turn into childlike pouting.   his extreme competitiveness also made him believe he was a 1 man wrecking crew.   his love of celebrations and stunting on opponents have also made d's across the league want to take his head off, even while voting him the most underrated qb - they still want to kill him on the field.  he also personally called out the refs instead of leaving that to the coach, causing more issues with calls.  he's responsible for bringing players out of routes to help protect him when someone is having trouble on the line.   he doesn't believe he needs to do that for some reason.  he's let ron take the blame for this and the time management and timeout issues since he's been playing.  he's making over 20 million dollars a year and you think we should cut him a break for throwing 2 games?   i don't get it.  i don't get why he hasn't been protected from himself more by the staff with some of his behavior and i'll probably never know unless some 30 for 30 gets made down the road.     the things that have made him great have also pulled him down.  

Archived