• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grill Bill: Bill says enjoy the ride

Jeremy Igo

based off of nothing but the ole gut.  I think Cam's break to get healthy is more than just physical.  Hence why the hardline is never taken of, of course he is the starter when he gets back. 

I mean, I just think it has been off, odd and weird from the jump.  The bar of him only returning when he reaches 100% never has made sense.  I mean name any player in NFL history where that bar was set for them to return in a season that matters.  100% doesn't exist in a NFL season.  The public language has never been right in this IMO. 

and I am not alluding to one thing in particular.   But they haven't been honest about Cam this season publicly from the jump.  Doubt they are now. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

However, it is interesting that "Cam is the starter period" hard line is not being taken. I expected it would be. 

It was said prior to Arizona. It hasn't been since.

Voth discounting the Schefter report plays into Person's "tug of war" idea.

42 minutes ago, CRA said:

based off of nothing but the ole gut.  I think Cam's break to get healthy is more than just physical.  Hence why the hardline is never taken of, of course he is the starter when he gets back. 

I mean, I just think it has been off, odd and weird from the jump.  The bar of him only returning when he reaches 100% never had made sense.  I mean name any player in NFL history where that bar was set for them to return in a season that matters.  100% doesn't exist in a NFL season.  The public language as never been right in this IMO. 

and I am not alluding to one thing in particular.   But they haven't been honest about Cam this season publicly from the jump.  Doubt they are now. 

Have you listened to Greg’s FS1 and first take interviews from yesterday? I get the feeling they are waiting for Cam to be Cam. This includes running the football and him being himself mentally. I did not get the feeling that this will happen in the next week or so. 

11 minutes ago, philp said:

He also said as players we respect what Cam has done for us in the past. It’s fine for players to feel that way but when it comes to the team, that’s how you end up like Hurney the first go round.

Players will always be loyal. Guys were still pulling for Jake even when it was obvious he was done.

Mind you, that's not to say Cam is done, but you can't really go by teammates. They're never gonna be objective.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Players will always be loyal. Guys were still pulling for Jake even when it was obvious he was done.

Mind you, that's not to say Cam is done, but you can't really go by teammates. They're never gonna be objective.

I find it interesting that a lot of Cam fans think he cannot be cut/moved because of what was done in the past. I mean, it happens to the best of them.

Also, it doesn’t matter that 10 other teams think he’s got something left in the tank. It only matters what the panthers think.

2 minutes ago, philp said:

I find it interesting that a lot of Cam fans think he cannot be cut/moved because of what was done in the past. I mean, it happens to the best of them.

Also, it doesn’t matter that 10 other teams think he’s got something left in the tank. It only matters what the panthers think.

Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre and many others all wound up being let go from the teams they were iconically tied to.

It may or may not happen to Cam Newton, but believing that it's totally impossible is incorrect.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre and many others all wound up being let go from the teams they were iconically tied to.

It may or may not happen to Cam Newton, but believing that it's totally impossible is incorrect.

Well as already mentioned, just enjoy the ride. We’ll know soon enough.

Archived