• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the San Francisco 49ers overrated?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Im betting on Jimmy having happy feet for this game, I hope its before shanahan makes adjustments. 

Cam will miss this game. 

A lot of jimmys clutch throws have been with the defender barring down his throat he has taken some shots but. It gets him fired up I haven’t really seen happy feet from him tbh.

2 minutes ago, Nc49erfan said:

A lot of jimmys clutch throws have been with the defender barring down his throat he has taken some shots but. It gets him fired up I haven’t really seen happy feet from him tbh.

Averaging an INT per game.  Bad throws? Bad bounces? Bad routes? 

8 hours ago, Castavar said:

49ers are really fuggin good. They have a scary pass rush and a decent enough secondary lead by Richard Sherman. Then on the other side Kyle has that running scheme thriving yet again. If I remember correctly, we had a very tough time defending the run against Kyle when he was on the Falcons. Their main weakness though?............................Garroppolo and their WRs. That's why it's so important to stop the run early and make Garroppolo drop back on 3rd and long. If we could manage to rattle him early, we could ride that momentum to a W. Also, I think their speedster WR Marquise Goodwin got a concussion yesterday (I think he came back?), so he could be out vs us. Also worried about Kyle Allen fumbling in this one. Their d-line is LONG, and Kyle has a tendency to break the pocket early and could get stripped from behind more than once.

This is a very accurate assessment of my beloved team. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Averaging an INT per game.  Bad throws? Bad bounces? Bad routes? 

His 2 interceptions against the Steelers bounced off the hands of the receiver. And then the one against the rams in the red one was a end zone fade to Kittle who got held on the play and Shanahan said that was his call. But against the redskins his one pick he didn’t hold the safety over the middle. I think he is still learning this offense in a sense and has a lot of very green receivers he is missing his go to in Trent Taylor. We don’t really have a great receiving core. 

10 minutes ago, Nc49erfan said:

So you believe hes fully over his acl injury? No one has gotten close to his lower body and change his movement? I saw part of his awful pre-season, I thought you guys where in trouble.  

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

So you believe hes fully over his acl injury? No one has gotten close to his lower body and change his movement? I saw part of his awful pre-season, I thought you guys where in trouble.  

I think he is fully healed but still has some mental issues to get over. He has gotten more confident in the backfield but I dont think he is all the way there and Shanny knows it, which is why he is pretty much relegated to a game manager role. I know many people doubt his skill but the way they are bringing him along is smart (the playbook isn't fully implemented). 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think he is still some what worried about it. The stat line for the Steelers game is a lie. I honestly believe that was one of the best games he has ever played as a niner. But before he was hurt they did a lot of roll outs and he would hit big on those i haven’t seen much of that this season. He ran against the redskins his confidence is growing each week. 

3 minutes ago, Nc49erfan said:

I think he is still some what worried about it. The stat line for the Steelers game is a lie. I honestly believe that was one of the best games he has ever played as a niner. But before he was hurt they did a lot of roll outs and he would hit big on those i haven’t seen much of that this season. He ran against the redskins his confidence is growing each week. 

Anyone able to take a Mia thunder clap is tough as they come. I hope watching the panthers film hurts his confidence. Panthers handled Watson and since then hes been on war-path.   

Worth repeating in this thread as the narrative gets repeated that Kyle’s running scheme owns us. 

But Shannhan’s Falcons never broke 100 yards on the ground except the lone game Luke was out with a concussion. 

54 yards at 3.4 a carry

77 yards at 2.6 a carry 

90 yards at 3.6 a carry 

Luke out with a concussion 

152  yards at 6.2 a carry 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Worth repeating in this thread as the narrative gets repeated that Kyle’s running scheme owns us. 

But Shannhan’s Falcons never broke 100 yards on the ground except the lone game Luke was out with a concussion. 

54 yards at 3.4 a carry

77 yards at 2.6 a carry 

90 yards at 3.6 a carry 

Luke out with a concussion 

152  yards at 6.2 a carry 

Falcons mostly aired it out as they didn’t have the defense they needed for clock management 

Archived