• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the San Francisco 49ers overrated?

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'm not sure what this means exactly but they are slightly ahead of us in SOS of games played. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

I could be wrong but I believe that SOS actually ranks the 16 game season based off of what teams have done to date. 

It isn’t just the games in the books because Carolina’s SoS is easy to determine vs SF. So it is the future schedule putting them ahead of us and so many others

I think SF is right where they should be. They are rightfully being touted as possibly one of the best teams due to their record but people are rightfully a little skeptical since its early and they haven’t had a tough schedule.

We are their prove-it game.

Best team SF has played so far is a Rams team that has played poorly and was without Todd Gurley. Also it was a division game. Division games are always played tough bc teams know each other. 

I know SF defense is ranked up there but I just cant see how we cant exploit it next sunday. Their secondary isnt really that good on paper and lb core is just above average. DL is pretty elite. 

I think they are a solid team that will be carried by their D and run game, but will struggle against teams that can consistently make the QB uncomfortable. Thankfully that's a strength of ours, but it's on the road, on the coast, and I expect it will be a tough game.

This game could unfold in a variety of ways imo - most of which will be defensively impacted. Hopefully the big plays go our way.

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

But the Bucs game has an asterisk next to it, honestly. No moral victories here but a healthy Cam or Kyle and that game turns out the way the London game went. The Panthers and Rams game was also different because Gurley was playing and the Panthers were in their first regular season game running this 3-4 multiple defensive look. 

The 49er's are overrated quite a bit and I expect it will show the following week. They haven't played a team with a winning record and Jimmy G appears to be susceptible to a strong pass defense, considering he has already thrown 5 interceptions. Panthers strength is in their pass rush and coverage ability. I'd expect a strength on weakness showing here where the Panthers start to get the recognition they are working towards.

Once again, 2013 anyone? Panthers go into a game against the 49er's, experts still incredulous, and pull off the upset while solidifying their rebound from an 0-2 start. 

The rams were 3-2 when they played the 9ers.

They play good defense and run the ball. That is still a proven recipe for success. 

however, we are going to catch them at a perfect time. They will be 6-0 after having blown out the skins in a shannahan revenge game and will be drinking their own cool aid a bit. I like where we are catching them. 

Archived