• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the San Francisco 49ers overrated?

Jeremy Igo

Remember when we were called the most overrated 8-0 team ever? Yeah not gonna go there with the 9ers. They aren’t a juggernaut team but they are young and talented. 

that front 7 is stacked. Bosa is playing out of his mind. It’s gonna be a tough matchup. And besides HOU they are the best team we’ve played with 9ers having a better D and Houston having a better O imo.

really excited to see how we matchup.

I predicted at the beginning of the year that these guys would win the NFC west. I think they are legit. They are a receiver away from being elite.

however, I think it is obvious getting to their Ab is how you beat them. Jimmy g is not comfortable under pressure. This alone gives us a chance to win.

Yes.  But that doesn’t mean they are legitimately a top team in the NFC. 

There D and run game are both overrated.   2 games against the worst run defense teams have inflated their productivity on the ground and playing trash defenses has overrated their D.

same could be said about our pass rush.   It is good.  Not as could as some of our stats suggest 

Here's the problem: they are a solid team with no glaring problems. Decent to good QB, fairly good run game, some weapons in the passing game, sturdy defense with a very good D-line.

Those kinds of teams never go undefeated, but those are the ones that make the post season and have a shot at winning it all. 

That makes them a very tough opponent. But you can same almost the exact thing about the Panthers when assessing our qualities. And that makes us a tough opponent.

This one's a toss up for me right now, not sure if we can win it, not sure that we lose it either. It is going to come down to game plans and intangibles. 

Nope.  They're beating bad teams by double digits  with the exception of the Steelers.  They won by 4 in that game where they committed 5 turnovers and were -3 in turnover differential. 

Until they lose while shitting the bed massively, they are appropriately rated as one of the better teams in the NFL.

Yes and no. I think they have played some poorly coached teams and the Rams dealing with a Superbowl hangover (Panthers fans know that struggle).

Keys to beating the 49ers: Get an early lead. Shut down their running game and make Garropolo win the game with his arm. Unless the pass rush and force turnovers. Same formula that beat the Bucs.

I think the Panthers have an excellent chance to beat them. They match up very well against them.

Archived