• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers won't trade Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, brandon_87 said:

I agree, but if the franchise values him as some kind of savior to the franchise just because of his previous success... They might be more inclined to give it in good faith that he returns to "form". I'm just hoping we do what's right to get back to winning. We have far too much talent on this team to settle for mediocracy every single year. 

Did that with Delhomme...

Not up for doing it again.

2 minutes ago, rainwater said:

The year after Jake left was an abysmal season that saw very little fan support. Steve left when the Panthers already had a superstar. Neither Jake nor Steve Smith had the star power of Cam. 

they did, and the starpower cam had.   had being the key word.   he's not in contention for ever being the face of the nfl again.  he screwed that up and won't get another shot.  and those fans will cheer for any panther team who is winning.  that's how it works.   

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A) A healthy Cam Newton is still possible. If that can happen, he is better than the majority of NFL QBs.

B) Cam has been 90% of the identity of the Panthers for so long, trading him would take a HUGE chunk of the fan base away. If anything (big if) they offer him a smaller contract and let him choose to leave. At least that way it was his decision ultimately.

C) I am not positive Cam passes any physical any time soon to be traded. Not just the foot, the shoulder too.

But u say he is ready to start against 49ers after the bye. WTH is going on with this forum?

9 hours ago, electro's horse said:

The people that started following the team in 2011 always expose themselves. 

I started following the Panthers when I started going to the games in Clemson in their first season. As big as Steve and Jake were, when it comes to star power, Cam brought this team into the national discussion like no other player. This has nothing to do with how good of a player any of them are.

Archived