• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers won't trade Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

His shoulder looked decent Week 1 of last year too.

Never forget, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

It was week 9 too until the OL allowed Watt to get that shot on him.

This OL has played much better (unless you ask several in the other thread who seem to think Kalil and Clark played better than Daley has)

Those helmet shots to the shoulder dont happen all the time and would injure more than just Cam

Just now, ncfan said:

It was week 9 too until the OL allowed Watt to get that shot on him.

This OL has played much better (unless you ask several in the other thread who seem to think Kalil and Clark played better than Daley has)

Those helmet shots to the shoulder dont happen all the time and would injure more than just Cam

There were several ominous moments last year before week 9 that are a whole lot more telling knowing what we know now. 

I mean if we're arguing longevity, I'd point to Drew Brees past few years as an example of simple wear of the season getting to him.

He's the undisputed starter for NO, but his quality of play took a dive as the season wore on. Wasn't as spot on as he was starting off.

I really think Cam will be fine, especially given how many games he's rested.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His shoulder looked decent Week 1 of last year too.

Never forget, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Someone posted full season highlights of last year Cam earlier today and they were chronological. You could literally just watch his arm get worse and worse. Started off pretty good in week 1, got a little worse in week 2 and 3, started getting bad against the Giants. By the Redskins in game 5 game it looked like he was using his full body and straining on 15 yard throws across the middle. It continued to get worse from there.

Of course they showed the Watt hit to, I guess, show that’s where it all went bad for him, but the arm was well past gone weeks before that hit. He even made some good throws the next week against the Lions.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

I have my doubts his foot was 100% healthy week one in general. Cam definitely was missing his plant foot on a few throws.

That was the official word.

Granted, both the official word and he who spoke it might have been full of sh-t.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was 100% healthy for Preseason Three. It lasted about two or three series.

Then he was 100% healthy for game 1 of the regular season. A week later, he wasn't.

Getting healthy and staying healthy are two very different things, especially playing a sport where people get hurt on an extremely regular basis..

Anyone who thinks he was actually 100% healthy for game 1 needs to give their head a serious shake 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That was the official word.

Granted, both the official word and he who spoke it might have been full of sh-t.

He also said it wasnt in his video

So unless he was lying about lying playing hurt

Thatd be a twist

Archived