• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers won't trade Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A) A healthy Cam Newton is still possible. If that can happen, he is better than the majority of NFL QBs.

B) Cam has been 90% of the identity of the Panthers for so long, trading him would take a HUGE chunk of the fan base away. If anything (big if) they offer him a smaller contract and let him choose to leave. At least that way it was his decision ultimately.

C) I am not positive Cam passes any physical any time soon to be traded. Not just the foot, the shoulder too.

But would we want to put him behind this OL that is apparently worse than he's had in the last few seasons?

Regarding C, I don’t think anyone thinks Cam would be traded during the season. I’d need to see the rest of the season with Allen before making a decision like that. If it happened it would have to be in the offseason. If he can’t pass a physical at that point then he should really be looking at retirement.

No one has said Cam is done but all these dipshits keep posting like he is.

i guess that’s the hope, not the facts.

are y’all going to be pissed when he comes back better than ever?

its been said Drew Brees went through a career ending injury and he’s been DECENT since.

im sure San Diego now LA thinks about that all the time. 

when he comes back, and he will, my hope is all the fans that hate the guy will move on back to their real teams.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

B) Cam has been 90% of the identity of the Panthers for so long, trading him would take a HUGE chunk of the fan base away. If anything (big if) they offer him a smaller contract and let him choose to leave. At least that way it was his decision ultimately.

That would be very under handed. If you're done with him be done with him. Don't insult the guy. 

Just now, JARROD said:

No one has said Cam is done but all these dipshits keep posting like he is.

i guess that’s the hope, not the facts.

are y’all going to be pissed when he comes back better than ever?

its been said Drew Brees went through a career ending injury and he’s been DECENT since.

im sure San Diego now LA thinks about that all the time. 

when he comes back, and he will, my hope is all the fans that hate the guy will move on back to their real teams.

Miami too...

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

rumors that he is healthy and going to practice a bit premature I take it?

He was 100% healthy for Preseason Three. It lasted about two or three series.

Then he was 100% healthy for game 1 of the regular season. A week later, he wasn't.

Getting healthy and staying healthy are two very different things, especially playing a sport where people get hurt on an extremely regular basis..

Archived