• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jobs - insurance

Ja  Rhule

When you graduate with 4 year degree in accounting, you have 27 hours in accounting. If she takes 1 extra class (fraud)... that will give her 30 hours in accounting (business law is an accounting elective). All she need is about 7 easy classes to reach 150 hours. (this will also improve her GPA)

If she go for MACC, she have to pay and pass GMAT, pay college reentrance fee, plus she have to pay graduate tuition for 10 classes. She can take max 3 accounting classes in one semester. If she goes for MACC she will lose lots of money and lots of time.

Just saying...

The additional expense is easily made up in a few years because the average starting salary (and overall career prospects) are much better with a masters. When she worked her internship over the summer, the company she worked for wouldn't even hire you if you didn't have a masters for the Tax department. They hired some auditors with only a CPA, but they made about 20k less than those in the tax department.

I don't know much about accounting because I didn't major in it, but she tells me that it's nearly impossible to land a job with any of the big 4 without a masters degree.

I don't know much about accounting because I didn't major in it, but she tells me that it's nearly impossible to land a job with any of the big 4 without a masters degree.

Not true, they don't care what you have as long as you able to sit for your CPA exam when they will hire you. Who you think goes for MACC? Its not just for an accounting people but also for Economics, Finance, and other business majors. poo Tensor, you can apply for MACC too if you want too. All you need is a good GPA which you have and good GMAT score. Many MACC people have just as many classes in accounting as an average undergrad (3 more classes). I had bunch of MACC graduate students in my undergrad classes.

The additional expense is easily made up in a few years because the average starting salary (and overall career prospects) are much better with a masters. When she worked her internship over the summer, the company she worked for wouldn't even hire you if you didn't have a masters for the Tax department. They hired some auditors with only a CPA, but they made about 20k less than those in the tax department.

MACC might give you little advantage but not a big one tho. You wont make $100,000 with just MACC. CPA gives you big advantage cause you can actually certify. Audit always pays more than tax, I'm not sure what the deal with the company she worked for. Specially with IFRS coming up, trust me, auditors will get paid big.

Not true, they don't care what you have as long as you able to sit for your CPA exam when they will hire you. Who you think goes for MACC? Its not just for an accounting people but also for Economics, Finance, and other business majors. poo Tensor, you can apply for MACC too if you want too. All you need is a good GPA which you have and good GMAT score. Many MACC people have just as many classes in accounting as an average undergrad (3 more classes). I had bunch of MACC graduate students in my undergrad classes.

MACC takes 2 years if you don't have an undergraduate degree in accounting. Tensor tell your friend to pass the CPA before finishing college and they won't have any problems getting into a big firm.

That's the national average, not the rate for Charlotte. A lower % of people pass the CPA exam than the Bar exam. I have no idea what it is for UNCC, so I have no idea how it compares to the national average.

I know that one of UNCC alumni got 99% on all 4 parts last year.

Archived