• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jobs - insurance

Ja  Rhule

Had a friend that worked for Liberty Mutual. He didn't work there very long. Maybe about a year. He said they were an alright company to work for.

What position with BB&T?

Not sure yet. I'm thinking internal auditor but no idea. I'm looking for an Ok job for a about a year. Im taking my CPA exam next year and hopefully I will pass it. It is so much either to find a job in accounting firm when you have your CPA license. Tell your girlfriend to stay in school. All you need is 150 total credit hours (to receive your CPA) and 30 hours in accounting (to sit for CPA exam).

she's already planning on getting her masters in accounting. Its only a couple of classes difference to qualify for CPA and get a masters degree. Might as well do both.

I applied for a position with BB&T somewhere in their investment department. I cannot remember the name of the position though. It was just something entry level, didn't even require a college degree. Would be nice to get it though, I could walk to work since it's in uptown.

she's already planning on getting her masters in accounting. Its only a couple of classes difference to qualify for CPA and get a masters degree. Might as well do both.

I applied for a position with BB&T somewhere in their investment department. I cannot remember the name of the position though. It was just something entry level, didn't even require a college degree. Would be nice to get it though, I could walk to work since it's in uptown.

When you graduate with 4 year degree in accounting, you have 27 hours in accounting. If she takes 1 extra class (fraud)... that will give her 30 hours in accounting (business law is an accounting elective). All she need is about 7 easy classes to reach 150 hours. (this will also improve her GPA)

If she go for MACC, she have to pay and pass GMAT, pay college reentrance fee, plus she have to pay graduate tuition for 10 classes. She can take max 3 accounting classes in one semester. If she goes for MACC she will lose lots of money and lots of time.

Just saying...

Archived