• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Cam plays against San Fran... thoughts

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Cam is going to be rusty whenever he comes back. He hasn’t played or practiced in weeks. 

more built in excuses from you.  not surprising.  seemed like you were starting to see the light

2 minutes ago, raz said:

will be shocked if cam plays.   when he's healthy i would suspend him for a game for hiding injuries and costing us 1/8th of a season, and then disclosing his lies for fake internet sympathy points.  he undermined the coach.  i would also pull him the first time we have to burn a TO because of him.   the reigns of the franchise need to be pulled out of his hands because he barely did anything with them when he had them.   he needs boundaries and consequences placed on him for the best interest of the franchise.   that's the reality of the situation.  3 winning seasons out of 8 gets you no special treatment, or it shouldn't

The team knew he wasnt healthy... Do you think Norv called a bunch of RPO plays and Cam just audibled to a new play. They all knew Cam couldnt run. 

4 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Arizona is a bottom tiered team, San Fran is not. Try not to be dishonest.

Point is he hadn't played since the last game of last season.  I want Cam to come back and play great, I just don't want to hear excuses if he doesn't. It seems everyone is already making them and he hasn't even played

30 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

I would tend to agree with you, but if that was the case then why not IR him weeks ago with a return?

I think because in the beginning the staff wasn't sure how Kyle would react to regular season bullets, and by the time they realized it, putting Cam on IR would put him way past his projected healthy date.

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

It seems everyone already has excuses ready for when Cam returns

Yup, they are crossing their fingers Cam comes back on fire, but have their excuses stockpiled in case he comes back with a fizzle.  Of course I hope Cam does well upon returning (before someone gets it twisted) but I know there's a possibility he won't either.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My thoughts are the same as I've been saying...

Whoever you pick as a starter, stick with them.

If Allen is the guy, don't pull him the first time he struggles. That's a terrible way to handle a young quarterback.

If it's Newton, don't hit the panic button if he's rusty. Let him play and knock the rust off.

Basically, don't be Jon Gruden.

Yeah, we have a golden opportunity to see what Kyle has. We may have to drop a game or two along the way but it will pay off down the road, even if Cam comes back in 3-4 weeks. Keeping an MVP on the sidelines is touchy, but pulling a winning QB, even if just a "game manager" would be very bad optics.

8 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Cam is going to be rusty whenever he comes back. He hasn’t played or practiced in weeks. 

15 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Kyle Allen showed no rust against Arizona.  

The excuses are already in place for Cam.  LOL  Ace...meet jfra78....he has a point.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You have to play the best player. Healthy Cam is better than healthy Kyle. You can't sit a guy because they are playing a good team. 

True, but I still think Cam isnt quite the 100% yet.  So he'll probably travel and just start Allen.  If a disaster happens and Allen struggles, they inject him in.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

My thoughts are the same as I've been saying...

Whoever you pick as a starter, stick with them.

If Allen is the guy, don't pull him the first time he struggles. That's a terrible way to handle a young quarterback.

If it's Newton, don't hit the panic button if he's rusty. Let him play and knock the rust off.

Basically, don't be Jon Gruden.

My worry is, Cam is going to be "rusty" no matter who he plays. He hasn't participated in a full practice schedule in years. 

37 minutes ago, CatfanMO said:

The team knew he wasnt healthy... Do you think Norv called a bunch of RPO plays and Cam just audibled to a new play. They all knew Cam couldnt run. 

conduct detrimental to the team for telling lies and then going on youtube for fake internet points backstabbing your coach who had been covering for him. if that's not conduct that's detrimental i don't know what is.   cam still can't get the plays called and out of the huddle in time.   in his 9th year.  every poster here has blamed our coaches, specially me.  we were wrong.   i was wrong.   cam has gotten away with this crap the whole time.   yeah i'd reign him in, and stop covering for him.  he needs to grow up.  he's unbelievably immature for a 30 year old.   yeah star players get treated differently but its gone on too long here for not enough improvement and not enough results.    in new england the same thing would happen to cam that happened to ochocinco.  he wouldn't see the field until he was capable of running the offense like they want it run.  we've cut him way way way too much slack. some people here seem to think its racist to hold him accountable.  i think its weirdly racist not to.

Archived