• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Cam plays against San Fran... thoughts

Jeremy Igo

IF Cam plays against San Fran

- We all should hope he returns to MVP form and dominates. That would mean this team is Superbowl bound for sure. 

- It BETTER mean he is fully healthy. If this coaching staff plays him at anything less and risk further injury they should all be fired immediately. 

- If he does not play well I do not want to hear about rust. I do not want to hear about injury. This would indicate the coaching staff rushed him back. See point 2. 

- The WORST thing that could happen (aside from injury) is for Cam to start and the coaching staff realizes that he isn't ready and have to bench him. Even I do not want to witness the hell storm that would result. 

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Think he comes back vs Tennessee 

Home game, easier D and team.

Again this is all if he is 100%  99 or less he'll still be inactive 

You have to play the best player. Healthy Cam is better than healthy Kyle. You can't sit a guy because they are playing a good team. 

My thoughts are the same as I've been saying...

Whoever you pick as a starter, stick with them.

If Allen is the guy, don't pull him the first time he struggles. That's a terrible way to handle a young quarterback.

If it's Newton, don't hit the panic button if he's rusty. Let him play and knock the rust off.

Basically, don't be Jon Gruden.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You have to play the best player. Healthy Cam is better than healthy Kyle. You can't sit a guy because they are playing a good team. 

Newton wouldn't start practicing until next week though, right?  Even if he's healthy, I don't think you can play him vs San Fran unless you think he's able to get his timing down that quickly.  It will have been over a month since he's played.

If Cam is done we need to ride our high quality backup the rest of the year. It is a harsh reality of the NFL. I love Cam but this was his prove it year. I want him back at his best but if that has passed, it's time to deal with it. Best case, Cam is a beast for a couple more years and we have a high value backup. Worst case, we will be talking about drafting another stud every offseason until we do draft one. I do not look forward to those days again.

Just now, Waldo said:

If Cam is done we need to ride our high quality backup the rest of the year. It is a harsh reality of the NFL. I love Cam but this was his prove it year. I want him back at his best but if that has passed, it's time to deal with it. Best case, Cam is a beast for a couple more years and we have a high value backup. Worst case, we will be talking about drafting another stud every offseason until we do draft one. I do not look forward to those days again.

the moat important part of being successful in the NFL is knowing when to cut your losses

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam can’t even fly with the team or stand up for long periods.  I think all this is a wasted energy.  I don’t buy Cam suddenly getting to 100% over the bye week.  And 100% is what everyone claims it will take to get him back 

Archived