• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs DC said Kyle Allen presented more of a challenge than Cam

Jeremy Igo

He knew Cam was injured. He didn’t run all week 1 and had a foot injury and was in a boot during pre season. I guess he ignored that. Some rams player said Cam is one read after they beat us. Good for him. Eagles LB who played with cousins in Washington said the same thing about him this week and ended up roasted and got mad getting questions about it after the game. It’s just poo talking and bullshit. Cam showed he couldn’t run week 1 bucs knew it. Cams foot got worse and caused his plant foot and throws to be seriously fuged up. Shitty LT play and ignoring Barrett week 2 caused too much pressure. We dropped the ball on what we were up against in that match up. Bucs lucked out Cams foot was even worse because we still almost beat them.

This is just spinning context to make it seem Cam isn’t respected and Kyle is. fug off with it

1 minute ago, Ship said:

He knew Cam was injured. He didn’t run all week 1 and had a foot injury and was in a boot during pre season. I guess he ignored that. Some rams player said Cam is one read after they beat us. Good for him. Eagles LB who played with cousins in Washington said the same thing about him this week and ended up roasted and got mad getting questions about it after the game. It’s just poo talking and bullshit. Cam showed he couldn’t run week 1 bucs knew it. Cams foot got worse and caused his plant foot and throws to be seriously fuged up. Shitty LT play and ignoring Barrett week 2 caused too much pressure. We dropped the ball on what we were up against in that match up. Bucs lucked out Cams foot was even worse because we still almost beat them.

This is just spinning context to make it seem Cam isn’t respected and Kyle is. fug off with it

Got damn

2 hours ago, countryboi said:

I dont believe for a second that any DC would rather face Kyle Allen or a Healthy Cam. Bowles is just adding to a fire in hopes the Panthers do something dumb like bench a healthy Newton and the "Fans" on this board eat it up. 

Two things can be true. 

QB 1 > QB 2 in a vacuum. QB 1 can have a rocket arm, run and do all sorts of stuff QB 2 can’t. 

An offense can function overall better however with QB 2.  

All things equal and healthy.  While Cam can make throws Allen can’t....Allen throws better short to mid range passes.  Much more consistent with those throws.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Two things can be true. 

QB 1 > QB 2 in a vacuum. QB 1 can have a rocket arm, run and do all sorts of stuff QB 2 can’t. 

An offense can function overall better however with QB 2.  

All things equal and healthy.  While Cam can make throws Allen can’t....Allen throws better short to mid range passes.  Much more consistent with those throws.  

Too early to tell about Allen.  How about let's take a wait and see approach instead of knee-jerk nomination for the HOF.  Until then, Cam is the started QB till his health and performance shows otherwise.   

52 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Cam is 2-1 against Bowles. so all Bowles needs to do is make sure Cam is injured and he has it made

He has at least 2 losses to Bowles as a DC. 1 in AZ and 1 in Tampa.  Think his only win was that playoff game vs AZ

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

Man, this fanbase is becoming the Falcons fanbase circa 2004-2006. That fanbase had a contingent that pulled for Michael Vick above all else and constantly implied extremely negative things about anyone who spoke critically of his performance. The same is true with the Cam contingent in the current Panthers fanbase. It's tiring reading such drivel.

The fact is this: current discussions do not include 2015 MVP Cam. That Cam threw one of the best deep balls in the NFL (albeit Ted Ginn often dropped those balls). The current discussion involves a Cam Newton who has not shown the ability to unleash an accurate deep ball for two-plus seasons now. I hope Cam can finally come back in 2015 form, but I'm not counting on it. Cam's 100% percent health billing has been promised over the past few offseason, but it has not materialized.

At this point, you have to approach Cam's future with caution. If he can achieve full health, especially in his shoulder, there is no question he is the better QB. If he can't, hard questions, including what to do with a a $20+M contract next year, must be asked. Personally, I could not care less who plays QB in the future, so long as that man gives the Panthers the absolute best chance to win each and every week. 

Two absolutely ridiculous takes circulating on the board right now...

Newton is still 2015 Newton: Afraid not. Maybe he can be 2018 Newton, but sorry guys, he's not actually Superman. Age and injuries tend to take a toll on even the best players.

Allen will never be anything but what he was against the Texans: "Kyle Allen fumbles all the time every game." actually, he's only fumbled once since that game and didn't fumble at all yesterday.

And here's a hint, it's not at all unusual for players to improve with more playing time.

I know this seems like a radical concept, but I've seen it.

2 minutes ago, Shonuff said:

Too early to tell about Allen.  How about let's take a wait and see approach instead of knee-jerk nomination for the HOF.  Until then, Cam is the started QB till his health and performance shows otherwise.   

it isn’t knee jerk  to say Allen throws better short to midrange balls though.  Cam has never really thrown a good catchable ball IMO.  WRs got to really work hard.  Kinda like Favre.  Cam basically has one speed regardless of the route. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

it isn’t knee jerk  to say Allen throws better short to midrange balls though.  Cam has never really thrown a good catchable ball IMO.  WRs got to really work hard.  Kinda like Favre.  Cam basically has one speed regardless of the route. 

Favre has always been my go to comparison when it comes to Newton.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

And here's a hint, it's not at all unusual for players to improve with more playing time.

I know this seems like a radical concept, but I've seen it.

Taking place right before our eyes.  His on-field composure has improved dramatically in the last 4 games.

Archived