• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs DC said Kyle Allen presented more of a challenge than Cam

Jeremy Igo

Just now, TheRed said:

Apparently there is no correlation at all between our left tackle play drastically improving after the first two games and CMC proceeding to begin babing a career season since Little and Daley began starting. That factor in our offense is a direct reason why we have been humming. Allen filling in as adequately as he has and our defense playing very good opportunistic football is the cherry on top and why we have been undefeated. It's as simple as that.

Maybe you should spend a little less time racing to post a hot take, and more time actually reading some of this drivel around here.

Coach's comments are now hot takes.

Good lord , do you even read what you post?

Just now, Saca312 said:

allen will get credit where credit is due.

he did really well yesterday. he's a solid starting qb who's shown ability to improve on his faults.

cam newton is better. he transcends allen's ceiling.

not an indictment on allen for wanting the better QB on the field. cam simply is a level not many in the NFL can achieve.

(You don't know Allen's ceiling, neither do I. Neither does anyone. I'm excited to find out.)

Just now, TheRed said:

Apparently there is no correlation at all between our left tackle play drastically improving after the first two games and CMC proceeding to begin babing a career season since Little and Daley began starting. That factor in our offense is a direct reason why we have been humming. Allen filling in as adequately as he has and our defense playing very good opportunistic football is the cherry on top and why we have been undefeated. It's as simple as that.

Maybe you should spend a little less time racing to post a hot take, and more time actually reading some of this drivel around here.

Maybe a ball longer then 20 yards causing teams not to blitz every other play might effect LT play? Or the fact that teams can't keep their front 7 in the box all the time made It to where CMC could run? Ask Arizona if Kyle Allen can throw deep. No, Allen just sucks. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

(You don't know Allen's ceiling, neither do I. Neither does anyone. I'm excited to find out.)

he does have a bright future. i've liked what i saw from him yesterday besides a few beginner mistakes that are to be expected at this stage.

is it likely he's close to cam's? well, that's a daunting task for a UDFA to match a former Heismann winner, national championship 1st round 1st pick ROTY NFL MVP QB. it's just a simple matter of semantics.

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They didn't know that though.

He is talking about the process of game planning before the games. Not how it played out.

funny they should have such an easy time game planning him considering Cam was 11-5 against the Bucs.

16 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Are you fuging shitting me? The first play of the game Winston thrown it right to Bradberry, and gave the Panthers free points. How the fug is that one chalked up to Allen? The Tampa bay offensive line was atrocious and Winston wasn't seeing the field. They gave up 7 balls, 4 which were short fields. The Panthers had 10 fuging drives where they didn't manage to score a touchdown, 7 where they didn't score points, and were 3/15 on third down.

Jarius Wright dropped two 3rd passes that were on the money, and DJ Moore dropped one as well. 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Jeremy the huddle isn't going to be the last word for Panthers discussion forever.

You would be wise to stop feeding this idiocy.

You are right 

No more posting coach's comments about the game until they are about Cam and positive. 

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

cam simply is a level not many in the NFL can achieve.

Only when you factor in Cams running. Take that out and he is below average. 

I think it’s fair to say his running days are basically over. He’s lost weight, he’s more injury prone, etc. If the run threat is gone, what are we left with? Is that worth 30 mil?

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

he does have a bright future. i've liked what i saw from him yesterday besides a few beginner mistakes that are to be expected at this stage.

is it likely he's close to cam's? well, that's a daunting task for a UDFA to match a former Heismann winner, national championship 1st round 1st pick ROTY NFL MVP QB. it's just a simple matter of semantics.

He never had a legit shot in college to have those accomplish those feats. Kevin Sumlin benched every qb the second they lost 1-2 games in college, he never had a true shot to develop around a team. He literally took a year off and played 1 more year elsewhere and went to the NFL obviously sick of the college system. 

Archived