• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs DC said Kyle Allen presented more of a challenge than Cam

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I dont believe for a second that any DC would rather face Kyle Allen or a Healthy Cam. Bowles is just adding to a fire in hopes the Panthers do something dumb like bench a healthy Newton and the "Fans" on this board eat it up. 

People like you 100% miss the point. Healthy Cam is better then Tom freaking Brady, nobody is denying that. We haven't seen that in 4 years now! 2015 is gone!!! Don't even bring up that 2017 season where he literally nickeled and dimed his way down the field, but the running threat was still there. 2018 the Steelers exposed the offense and how to beat it... stop McCaffery and hurt Cam. It's apparent the only way Cam is staying healthy is if he doesn't run, making him inferior to Allen. The reason we're winning is because the defense has to honor a deep ball now or even a medium ball, opening up the running game for CMC. In business, you would be cut from your job if you couldn't produce results for 4 years. Allen is a potential asset, you can bring him back next year as a exclusive rights free agent, but you can't let Cam leech the last years of the rest of the other players while we "keep waiting for him to get to 100%".  A whole offseason didn't have him healthy 3 years in a row, but now apparently sitting less then 8 weeks is going to have him 100% back to 2015 form.

5 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Are you fuging shitting me? The first play of the game Winston thrown it right to Bradberry, and gave the Panthers free points. How the fug is that one chalked up to Allen? The Tampa bay offensive line was atrocious and Winston wasn't seeing the field. They gave up 7 balls, 4 which were short fields. The Panthers had 10 fuging drives where they didn't manage to score a touchdown, 7 where they didn't score points, and were 3/15 on third down.

You are making it sound like the stalled drives is only a Panther issue?  Every team has stalled drives, we put up 30 plus points and won the game.  Good ol team work, still salty about the soft defense in 2nd half tho.  

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Is it that difficult for this fanbase to be happy with Allen without microanalyzing every detail of his game as a means to diminish Newton?

Clearly this ugliness starts at the top around the huddle.

Yeah, let's not discuss anything about QB play or what opposing coaches say until Cam returns. 

If you find it ugly, you honestly are so emotionally attached to one player I worry of you will ever enjoy football again after he isn't here 

Just now, stbugs said:

Lol. OK. You have your agenda, it’s clear. You’d rather lose than have Cam look bad. We didn’t have a single TD week 2. Cam was god awful and it wasn’t Daley. We also had huge leads this weekend which is why they didn’t try for TDs every drive. CMC was getting bottled up every run but we still ran him 22 times because of, get this, a big lead.

Of course you skipped the getting to the line quickly as well. We all thought it was Ron and Norv but 4 weeks later it sure doesn’t seem that way. It’s one of Cam’s, maybe the biggest, issues besides the health issues the past few years. 

We're supposed to feel bad for Cam and hope Allen is a one hit wonder. I wonder what the excuse is if we go into San Francisco and hand them their first loss. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Lol. OK. You have your agenda, it’s clear. You’d rather lose than have Cam look bad. We didn’t have a single TD week 2. Cam was god awful and it wasn’t Daley. We also had huge leads this weekend which is why they didn’t try for TDs every drive. CMC was getting bottled up every run but we still ran him 22 times because of, get this, a big lead.

Of course you skipped the getting to the line quickly as well. We all thought it was Ron and Norv but 4 weeks later it sure doesn’t seem that way. It’s one of Cam’s, maybe the biggest, issues besides the health issues the past few years. 

No, I'm just not living in a fantasy world. I would ditch Cam 1000%, cut or trade, if I thought this kid was worth anything. I don't think he is, he's not doing anything special, but is on a special team. It's just driving me insane that people cannot see anything other than wins. If we throw away Cam for this kid it's going to be another Matt Moore situation. If we're getting rid of Cam at least trade him and draft someone with real potential.

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

That last one struck me

With Cam it was on the "mesh point between Cam and Newton 85% of the time"

Since Cam has went down CMC has really carried the load 25+ carries a game to Allens 25ish pass attempts.

Prior CMC's carries were down.  You would think itd be easier knowing to need to focus on CMC a majority of the time.  Probably helps Allen there is so little film on him either, even from the college level

Not yesterday he didn't.

The Bucs controlled McCaffrey better than anybody else except... the Bucs. Outside of the one really cool highlight, they had him stuffed most of the day.

We still won.

Just now, Pantherzack179812 said:

We're supposed to feel bad for Cam and hope Allen is a one hit wonder. I wonder what the excuse is if we go into San Francisco and hand them their first loss. 

Of Allen stinks it up I'll be the first to say so.

If he plays well he will still get zero credit from quite a few Cam (not Panthers) fans.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

That last one struck me

With Cam it was on the "mesh point between Cam and Newton 85% of the time"

Since Cam has went down CMC has really carried the load 25+ carries a game to Allens 25ish pass attempts.

Prior CMC's carries were down.  You would think itd be easier knowing to need to focus on CMC a majority of the time.  Probably helps Allen there is so little film on him either, even from the college level

Yep,Bucs now have the 1st running D,especially they master on CMC,so they fooled by KA

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Of Allen stinks it up I'll be the first to say so.

If he plays well he will still get zero credit from quite a few Cam (not Panthers) fans.

I'm on the ride Allen until he sucks train. I'm not giving Cam Newton 21 million next year if he can't run. Is it fair to say Cam is inferior to Kyle Allen without his running threat? I just don't see him lasting a 16 game season playing as he has throughout his career. We got a glimpse these first 2 games what Cam is without running. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not yesterday he didn't.

The Bucs controlled McCaffrey better than anybody else except... the Bucs. Outside of the one really cool highlight, they had him stuffed most of the day.

We still won.

CMC still had more carries than Allen completed passes and the D forced 7 turnovers 

Allen didnt do anything to Win that game  he just held onto the lead

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, let's not discuss anything about QB play or what opposing coaches say until Cam returns. 

If you find it ugly, you honestly are so emotionally attached to one player I worry of you will ever enjoy football again after he isn't here 

Apparently there is no correlation at all between our left tackle play drastically improving after the first two games and CMC proceeding to begin having a career season since Little and Daley began starting. That factor in our offense is a direct reason why we have been humming. Allen filling in as adequately as he has and our defense playing very good opportunistic football is the cherry on top and why we have been undefeated. It's as simple as that.

Maybe you should spend a little less time racing to post a hot take, and more time actually reading some of this drivel around here.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

allen will get credit where credit is due.

he did really well yesterday. he's a solid starting qb who's shown ability to improve on his faults.

cam newton is better. he transcends allen's ceiling.

not an indictment on allen for wanting the better QB on the field. cam simply is a level not many in the NFL can achieve.

Archived