• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs DC said Kyle Allen presented more of a challenge than Cam

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

A. When your QB built a career on running you have a problem. 

B. He isn't going to be able to run like that anymore.  Age, injuries and losing 20lbs are big deals.

Minus the injuries, you just described colin kaepernick.  That said, Cam does actually see the field when playing and makes the right reads even if his body cant put the ball where it needs to go, kaepernick was never better than a 1 read qb.

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

you can tell this is a good metric by the fact that mahomes and cousins have a near identical rating

It also shows that the Saints should definitely stick with Bridgewater over Brees when he comes back from injury

1 hour ago, CRA said:

What false narrative? 

I think potentially he is done.  I don’t want him rushed back out of some silly Allen fear.  SF is a rushed timetable based on where he know factually Cam is today. 

and I didn’t say he can’t throw.  Says he throws like Favre.  Pretty sure Favre is a GOAT.  He DOES throw rockets when a rocket isn’t needed.    And it makes life tough on a WR to be taking those crazy heaters on short routes.  Which is life with Cam.  

Allen on short to mid range routes simply does throw a more catchable ball.  That isn’t a false narrative.   It does have positives.  That isn’t a Cam diss really.  It is just acknowledging what Cam is.  Cam also can throw mid range balls that only maybe 5 QBs can make as well.  Give and take. Few can hit the out routes Cam does on the far side of the field for example.  Defense has to defend more field with Cam. 

I never said that you said he couldn’t throw. You said Allen throws a better short/intermediate pass. Which I find ridiculous considering Cam had 5 games of 70+ and one game of 80+ completion percentage last year. If anything, they’re the same. Cam was trending up majorly in throwing last year, and it was consistent. For Christ’s sake he threw 80+ completion against the Seahawks. If Cam is a Farve rocket arm then thank god we have 5 Antonio Freeman’s on the team...oh wait. We had Funchess and a rookie Moore and Curtis Samuel who body caught everything until this year.

37 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Todd bowles got 49 points right into his face in a nfc championship vs cameron newton. 

He wasn’t there. 

Bowles’ teams have factually done a good job vs Newton.  That isn’t a Cam diss.  Just a fact. 

he did a good job at Tampa.

he did a good with Jets 

Cam played poorly in both those 

in AZ  they were 1-1 vs each other.  The Cam win wasn’t the Super Bowl season but the year prior.  He played well in the 14 game. 

But Cam hasn’t looked good in 3 of the last 4 Bowles games.  Just a fact.   This narrative Cam owns Bowles just isn’t true.

now more than Cam it probably is a testament that our OL has stunk most of the seasons and Bowles is one the most aggressive coordinators on defense there is.  But Bowles has enough room to make comments 

4 hours ago, SmartyHurney said:

Yeah, please keep posting about an MVP season where the top receivers were all JAGS, his runningbacks were trash, and the offensive line featured Remmers as a star.

Our running game was great.  Was it 18  straight 100 yd rushing games heading into the SB?  That is the key to Cams game is balance and running attack.  Without a running game he is mediocre.  Remmers wasnt a star..... ever

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He wasn’t there. 

Bowles’ teams have factually done a good vs Newton.  That isn’t a Cam diss.  Just a fact. 

he did a good job at Tampa.

he did a good with Jets 

Cam played poorly in both those 

in AZ  they were 1-1 vs each other.  The Cam win wasn’t the Super Bowl season but the year prior.  He played well in the 14 game. 

But Cam hasn’t looked good in 3 of the last 4 Bowles games.  Just a fact.   This narrative Cam owns Bowles just isn’t true.

now more than Cam it probably is a testament that our OL has stunk most of the seasons and Bowles is one the most aggressive coordinators on defense there is.  But Bowles has enough room to make comments 

The Cam only fans are actually taking this better than I expected.

13 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I never said that you said he couldn’t throw. You said Allen throws a better short/intermediate pass. Which I find ridiculous considering Cam had 5 games of 70+ and one game of 80+ completion percentage last year. If anything, they’re the same. Cam was trending up majorly in throwing last year, and it was consistent. For Christ’s sake he threw 80+ completion against the Seahawks. If Cam is a Farve rocket arm then thank god we have 5 Antonio Freeman’s on the team...oh wait. We had Funchess and a rookie Moore and Curtis Samuel who body caught everything until this year.

Stats tell half truths. 

Anyone can watch Cam throw 30 passes and Allen throw 30 to short routes and see Allen throws a better ball to those routes.   Maybe it is the word better that is causing the problem.  It is EASIER for the WRs to catch Allen’s passes.   Because they aren’t crazy lasers at short range.  

That has never been Cam’s game.   He has lacked good touch and speed on short throws.  Yes, WRs have to adjust to a Cam/Favre and they do.   

2 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

Our running game was great.  Was it 18  straight 100 yd rushing games heading into the SB?  That is the key to Cams game is balance and running attack.  Without a running game he is mediocre.  Remmers wasnt a star..... ever

Am I seriously reading an implication that Cam in 2015 was carried by "the running game" aka his running backs? This place never ceases to amaze me.

1 hour ago, Nesbro1 said:

A. When your QB built a career on running you have a problem. 

B. He isn't going to be able to run like that anymore.  Age, injuries and losing 20lbs are big deals.

He also has a twice cut-on arthritic shoulder of a 52yr old man --- no way he can match the throwing QB7 has been doing from the pocket.

Maybe just maybe the reason the offense is playing well and the online looks good is the line gets to look at the defense for more than 5 seconds before the ball is snapped at 1. 

Maybe Kyle does a good job at reading defenses at the line and uses his check downs and hot reads faster and more efficiently. Kyle fits Ron's style better, gets the team organized and at the line with time to read the defense. 

That’s subjective though. Are you talking about placement? Or velocity. I mean I could easily say last game Kyle Allen threw too soft and that’s why we had so many drops, especially from sure handed people like Jarius Wright. Maybe Jarius prefers a ball with more velocity. Cam never seemed to have many issues with receivers when he’s completing 70+% of his passes. 

edit: sorry forgot to quote @CRA

More revisionist bullshit. That Cardinals game was riddled with miscues all over the place, Smitty dropped like 2-3 passes, Lafell, blocking and execution was atrocious: 

https://www.derp/2014/7/25/5934933/2013-season-flashback-week-2-panthers-vs-cardinals

We often forget how trash the offense in 2013 truly was until we went on that 8-game winning streak. And I remember Cam dismantling that Jets squad back in ‘17

Archived