• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs DC said Kyle Allen presented more of a challenge than Cam

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

it isn’t knee jerk  to say Allen throws better short to midrange balls though.  Cam has never really thrown a good catchable ball IMO.  WRs got to really work hard.  Kinda like Favre.  Cam basically has one speed regardless of the route. 

Anyone who doesn’t think a significant factor in drafting Funchess and Benjamin was an attempt to give Cam receivers with a greater catch radius in order to compensate for that weakness in his game is probably not being realistic. It’s not even that it was a bad idea, it just didn’t work out.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

He has at least 2 losses to Bowles as a DC. 1 in AZ and 1 in Tampa.  Think his only win was that playoff game vs AZ

I researched this about a month ago and he has a winning record against Bowles including a thorough drubbing with 17 points in the 4th quarter when Todd was with the Jets.

This revisionist history is gross.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

I researched this about a month ago and he has a winning record against Bowles including a thorough drubbing with 17 points in the 4th quarter when Todd was with the Jets.

This revisionist history is gross.

Was he running the D in NY?  

I mean Cam’s record vs teams Bowles coached on is good. 

But as actual DC I think Cam is 1-2.  Might be 2-2 as he became interim in Philly one year.  Not sure when he took over though 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And it’s sad seeing CRA do this.

I think we just have to be truthful with ourselves and admit there have apparently been a number of fans who merely tolerated Newton until the chips were completely down when they finally got the chance to pounce. Take a look at how many accounts have become so much more active since he went down with the injury this season. It's a sad indictment on the fanbase no matter how you look at it. It makes it difficult to enjoy the game and it really shouldn't be that way. But when we look back to the bizarre sight of a Tennessee mother writing an angry letter about Newton displaying the audacity to win and celebrate doing so, we really need look no further to what the ultimate motivation is behind some of this. Some people have simply been waiting for the day when the Carolina Panthers are no longer starting a black quarterback.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And it’s sad seeing CRA do this.

what exactly am I doing? 

I mean I am a Cam guy overall.  Panther fan first and foremost though.  And I have proven to be ahead of the curve when it comes to moving on from players we are emotionally attached to

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

what exactly am I doing? 

I mean I am a Cam guy overall.  Panther fan first and foremost though.  And I have proven to be ahead of the curve when it comes to moving on from players we are emotionally attached to

False narratives like what I quoted @TheRed. Overplaying wins/losses to prop up Allen when you yourself use the eyeball test. 

You can think Cam is done because of injury. That’s fair. I have concerns when he comes back if he’s gonna be healthy. But saying stuff like he can’t throw short/intermediate routes better than Allen when he had over 70% completion percentage first 8 games last year when that’s basically all we were fuging doing is ridiculous. 

I don’t like people that lie about Cam to prop up Allen. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

what exactly am I doing? 

Is it really so hard to believe that people just want to watch the team win and we don't care who's starting as long as we do? I actually believe that's probably the majority of us.

Hell, if we can win games with Eric Reid starting at quarterback, sign me up.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

False narratives like what I quoted @TheRed. Overplaying wins/losses to prop up Allen when you yourself use the eyeball test. 

You can think Cam is done because of injury. That’s fair. I have concerns when he comes back if he’s gonna be healthy. But saying stuff like he can’t throw short/intermediate routes better than Allen when he had over 70% completion percentage first 8 games last year when that’s basically all we were fuging doing is ridiculous. 

What false narrative? 

I think potentially he is done.  I don’t want him rushed back out of some silly Allen fear.  SF is a rushed timetable based on where he know factually Cam is today. 

and I didn’t say he can’t throw.  Says he throws like Favre.  Pretty sure Favre is a GOAT.  He DOES throw rockets when a rocket isn’t needed.    And it makes life tough on a WR to be taking those crazy heaters on short routes.  Which is life with Cam.  

Allen on short to mid range routes simply does throw a more catchable ball.  That isn’t a false narrative.   It does have positives.  That isn’t a Cam diss really.  It is just acknowledging what Cam is.  Cam also can throw mid range balls that only maybe 5 QBs can make as well.  Give and take. Few can hit the out routes Cam does on the far side of the field for example.  Defense has to defend more field with Cam. 

^^ Player fans would rather lose with their guy than win with someone else.  Especially since they feel constantly aggrieved and have an axe to grind against those they perceive as persecuting "their guy".  

There's nothing wrong with celebrating players; just realize they are being paid to perform a job and if they can no longer perform up to standard and/or a better, more cost efficient option has emerged, realize it is to the benefit of the team to move on.  That's what Belichick does.  Player fans are more similar to Jerry Richardson, who would rather run the team like a family retirement home than let old favorites go.

I love CMC, but if he declined even 10% and somehow the Panthers found a new RB as good as he his now, i'd have zero issue with him being sent to the scrap heap 

26 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I think we just have to be truthful with ourselves and admit there have apparently been a number of fans who merely tolerated Newton until the chips were completely down when they finally got the chance to pounce. Take a look at how many accounts have become so much more active since he went down with the injury this season. It's a sad indictment on the fanbase no matter how you look at it. It makes it difficult to enjoy the game and it really shouldn't be that way. But when we look back to the bizarre sight of a Tennessee mother writing an angry letter about Newton displaying the audacity to win and celebrate doing so, we really need look no further to what the ultimate motivation is behind some of this. Some people have simply been waiting for the day when the Carolina Panthers are no longer starting a black quarterback.

What gets me also is the lack of appreciation of Cam for what he has done for this franchise and everything he has gone through. Suddenly he's always sucked and was never that good and everyone has to take a shot at him. They can't just be happy about Allen, they've got to put down Cam in some way while talking about Allen.

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

9 years in the league. 59% career completion percentage. Passer rating of 86. That’s the definition of average.

Cam has been playing for 9 years. He’s had some great games. World beater type games.

But he has also been incredibly inconsistent. 

I don’t know if this Allen kid is the long term answer, but prime Cam is long gone and other teams know it and will exploit it. 

Name his offensive weapons and Oline now?? Or the fuging fact he had a below avg. OC most of those years..

If we're going  to make this dumb argument.. Let's atleast be fair and understand Cam never had a Julio, AJ green, or Nuke Hopkins.. When he had WR's who were actually known for catching the ball his Comp% was higher..

Plain and simple..

4 hours ago, ickmule said:

“allen finds his outlets better” 

in other words Allen doesn’t hold the ball for days like Cam does.  

Hard to argue that.  Also, another thing I can’t help but notice is they get out of the huddle much quicker and they usually have more than 1 timeout remaining going into the 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

A. When your QB built a career on running you have a problem. 

B. He isn't going to be able to run like that anymore.  Age, injuries and losing 20lbs are big deals.

When your QB had to run because he has been surrounded by lackluster talent coaching and blocking most his career..

Archived