• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a MF'in playoff team folks!!!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

TB has a very good Offense. They also have a very good front 7. Not to mention they are a Divisional rival. Saying we should have beat them by 25 is a tad disingenuous. 

On Offense we should have scored 40+, that may be true. But we were very efficient, and Kyle was a big reason for that. His passing more than masked the lack of a running game.

On Defense, we made them one dimensional, and forced them to beat us with just Winston. We then proceeded to make his life miserable all game.

Sounds like a recipe for victory to me. Great team win.

A couple of notes:

This isn't college.  There's no incentive to run up the score, to qualify for That playoff seeding.  Using the clock to your advantage is the way to go, in the NFL, when obtaining a big lead.  Ron did just that.  This was a well coached game.  Our players (exception, Ray Ray) were ready from  the start, and played with unity and purpose throughout.

There are actually more standout performances, across the board, than can be listed.  But I'd like to single out one that might be overlooked.  He didn't score, he didn't get a sack -- fact is I bet he doesn't show up on any stat line... guess to whom I'm referring??

... our 3rd string LT, Dennis Daley, who still doesn't show on the team's depth chart at that position, but as the backup RG.  So much for the vaunted and much feared pass rush of the league's leading sack meister, somebody named Barrett.  Daley made him disappear like a Vegas magician would.

I've been criticizing the nit-pickers on here for weeks, the people who are never satisfied, with the play-calling, the coaching, the execution, blah, blah, blah.  And some hide it by saying "wait til we play a good team"  Well, did you see how Houston handled the Chiefs today, in KC?  Didn't we just beat them?  Time to get on the train, boys.  With a bye week to rest, and heal the injured, it's pulling out of the station soon.  This team is gelling.

3 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

The fact that Bridgewater and Cousins are in the top 5 should tell you how worthless QB rating is

On what do you base this opinion? 

Bridgewater did slip slightly behind QB7 after today....but Cousins had a stellar day w/ a RTG > 130.

6 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

A couple of notes:

This isn't college.  There's no incentive to run up the score, to qualify for That playoff seeding.  Using the clock to your advantage is the way to go, in the NFL, when obtaining a big lead.  Ron did just that.  This was a well coached game.  Our players (exception, Ray Ray) were ready from  the start, and played with unity and purpose throughout

You are incorrect on the score statement 

facts are a good thing 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

You are incorrect on the score statement 

facts are a good thing 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

Well, that's typical picking of nits for ya.  Was I incorrect about any of the larger points I was making?

And when you cite tie-breaking procedures, and you have to get down to the 5th, 8th, and 9th examples, as a reason to run up the score, I wonder if you could cite one time when such an arcane measurement was ever resorted to.  Let me know, and I'll pass it on to Ron.

What's your take on Daley?  I'm interested.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Let's gooooooooooo

With Cam

With Kyle.

This team can win it all.

With Cam absolutely not. With Kyle we have a chance at least. One day these delusional Cam apologists will figure it out. Not saying you are Igo because you're more realistic than most but you can tell delusional fan boys from the people that actually know fball. It's funny bc the people that have played and coached fball that I've known through the years, including myself just kept telling people, just wait til a decent qb gets an opportunity with this offense. Hilarious how all these fans and media kept making excuses for Cam about the weapons he lacks and oline but when we get a halfway competent qb, all the sudden its wow man we got dudes! Once again, the longer you Cam apologists keep showing your lack of basic fball fundamentals, the dumber you will look.

1 hour ago, bchamp10 said:

Hilarious how all these fans and media kept making excuses for Cam about the weapons he lacks and oline but when we get a halfway competent qb, all the sudden its wow man we got dudes! Once again, the longer you Cam apologists keep showing your lack of basic fball fundamentals, the dumber you will look.

Can't believe Funchess and Benjamin somehow morphed into DJ Moore and Samuel. And golly, why did Matt Kalil change his name to Greg Little?

17 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We won after traveling across the Atlantic Ocean. We lead off with our back up QB, third string LT,  backup RG, backup CB and a backup DT that everyone had written off (dang Big Vern, where was this guy over the last three years???).

Our defense is in its first season as a 3-4 and still in transition.

We have the fewest penalties in the league.

This is a good team, this is a team with major depth. It is a well motivated, well coached team that plays very well for and alongside each other.

And say what you will, but Bruce Arians has made that the most dangerous Bucs team in a decade or more. That wasn't a pushover opponent.

Thank you! 100% Agree.

9 hours ago, bchamp10 said:

With Cam absolutely not. With Kyle we have a chance at least. One day these delusional Cam apologists will figure it out. Not saying you are Igo because you're more realistic than most but you can tell delusional fan boys from the people that actually know fball. It's funny bc the people that have played and coached fball that I've known through the years, including myself just kept telling people, just wait til a decent qb gets an opportunity with this offense. Hilarious how all these fans and media kept making excuses for Cam about the weapons he lacks and oline but when we get a halfway competent qb, all the sudden its wow man we got dudes! Once again, the longer you Cam apologists keep showing your lack of basic fball fundamentals, the dumber you will look.

I am neither for nor against either qb, but it's intellectually dishonest for you ignore the differences in personnel and the fact Cam hasn't been healthy the majority of the time when better teammates on his side of the ball were present. The first half of last season, when he had both his health AND better talent than he's had most of his career, showed a highly competent and effective qb leading his team to success. For someone who claims to have played and coached football for years, you would think this fairly basic information wouldn't be lost on you, but based on your post it seems to be.

Give me 2015 Cam on this team and we are a serious contender.  Right now, we are barely cracking the top 10 with respect to how we rate against the competition.  Teams currently above us include:

Patriots

Chiefs

Ravens

49ers

Seahawks

Packers

Vikings

Saints

We will need wins against the Packers and 49ers if we want to crack the top 5.

2 hours ago, twylyght said:

Give me 2015 Cam on this team and we are a serious contender.  Right now, we are barely cracking the top 10 with respect to how we rate against the competition.  Teams currently above us include:

Patriots

Chiefs

Ravens

49ers

Seahawks

Packers

Vikings

Saints

We will need wins against the Packers and 49ers if we want to crack the top 5.

2017 Cam with these weapons, Norv and this Oline..

Would be a problem for any team in the league..

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

2017 Cam with these weapons, Norv and this Oline..

Would be a problem for any team in the league..

There were flashes in 2017 Cam.  He was too inconsistent for various reasons.  He had 4 or 5 games that were 2015 level Cam.  In 2015, I think he only had 2 or 3 dud-level games.

Archived