• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Bucs GameMorning thread.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, 07579394 said:

What is free kick?

It has been a rule forever, and I've heard it talked about in situations like that (end of half or game) but never seen it in 50 years.

After a fair catch, the team receiving the ball can opt to kick the ball.  The  ball is spotted for the kicker at the point the fair catch was made, and the defense must line up like they do on a kickoff, ten yards away from the line of scrimmage.  The kick is sort of a hybrid of a kickoff and a FG.

2 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

That Tampa Bay line is Byron Bell / Nate Chandler / Remmers bad. Maybe worse.

Their right side is a mess but otherwise they have some good players. Our pass rush is absolutely dominant.

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

All of a sudden everyone forgets Williams and the rest of the FG unit forgetting how to block and fuging up our FG attempts as well. It's re-writing history to fit their narrative. Everyone is ready to go stupid just so they could possibly be the first to say "I told you so".

1 blocked and another that would have been blocked makes him a terrible kicker 

Just now, joemac said:

LOL it was a freaking 60 yard kick

It's hilarious watching posters Ben's over backwards to defend Slye knowing full well they'd be all over Gano. Again, Slye got off to a great start but it's not looking promising the last two weeks. 

But, but, but... how about YOU try a 60 yarder!!!!

LOL!

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not a FG. It's a free kick. No rush. Hell, not even blockers to insure your view. Slye got off to a great start, but he's looking more and more like Gano lately.

It looked like a kickoff to me, ive actually never seen this is all the years ive watched the nfl but slye is used to nailing these things for a touchback from much further back. He most likely had to take alot off his normal kick and it probably effected accuracy. I doubt we practice thjs either!

Archived