• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kony Ealy and Cameron Artis Payne to XFL

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

CAP winding up there is meh whatever. He was a late round pick that we got 3 or 4 years out of as a serviceable if unspectacular backup. Not exactly finding gold but not exactly a huge bust. But Ealy, yeah that's a 2nd rounder that you never got anything meaningful out of winding up in the barnstorming league. That's kind of embarrassing ain't it Dave? Maybe if you had handled letting Steve Smith go like a man, the football gods wouldn't have humiliated you this way, just sayin.

Karma's a @#$%

Yeah that's really teaching Dave Gettleman and Kony Early, both who still have jobs in football doing something the enjoy.

Truly Karma at its finest.

12 minutes ago, Rags said:

Yeah that's really teaching Dave Gettleman and Kony Early, both who still have jobs in football doing something the enjoy.

Truly Karma at its finest.

Look man, don’t be coming at me with your.. 

logic.

*sighs*

What if I just edit my post to say I hope Gettleman gets a mildly annoying hangnail? That’d teach him right?

6 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Kony isn’t a bust to me simply because of that super bowl game. He would’ve won mvp if we won. I just think of it like we didn’t sign him to a second contract. And we got a higher round pick for him with a trade.

This. Who knows what would have happened had we had an OC who could adjust at half time and refs who weren’t intent on letting the Broncos kill our QB. Ealy would’ve been MVP and might have had momentum going into the next year. 

5 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

This. Who knows what would have happened had we had an OC who could adjust at half time and refs who weren’t intent on letting the Broncos kill our QB. Ealy would’ve been MVP and might have had momentum going into the next year. 

You know, the pain of that game and blocking it out made me forget that Ealy did have a great game individually. Sucks he wasn't able to keep that going the following year. I hope whatever he's doing, it brings him joy. I never had any beef with him.

4 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

It’s insane to think that The name Kony Ealy would be forever etched into nfl and Panther lore had we won that super bowl. He would have easily won MVP and when the topic of most dominant individual defensive performances comes up every February, his name would be mentioned. 

This is really weird to think about.  Just a few bounces our way and Kony Ealy would be a legend.  Now, he's just another forgettable dude.  Really sucks for him.  He probably could have turned that one performance into a lot of extra money if we had won.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

He want because he's making terrible picks for the Giants now. His drafts were as good or worse than Hurney. Add in that he was delicate as a butcher knife in negotiations and you had a terrible mixture. 

Hurney has been doing a great job drafting since he returned.  If Gettleman does as well as Hurney in NY, they will be ok irt draft picks.  As to the other stuff, he hasn't gotten any better at handling players.  

8 hours ago, Icege said:

Same Gettleman haters bemoaning these selections also whined when we drafted CMC

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

I wasn’t here at the time but i’ll fess up. I wasn’t against CMC specifically, but wasn’t a fan of drafting a rb in the first. Wanted to address other needs at the time, so I was kinda lukewarm on him at first, especially that first year when his YPC was nothing special and he tended to dance and not make people miss. 

So yeah, pass me some horseradish for this crow. I’ll munch that stuff all day long if he wants to keep this stuff up.

As far as Gettleman, at the time I didn’t have any issue with his picks, just the way he showed a lack of respect and diplomacy when dealing with Smitty. That @#$& was not cool. Handle your business like a professional and deal with him man to man.

Archived