• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Cam to start @49ers Oct 27th.

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

heck, even a Lombardi won't save you at some point.  Kurt Warner? Eli? 

Agreed.  Just the nature of the beast, I think this team just happens to have a LOT of younger fans that came on board either with Cam or the 15 run that haven't seen this before.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Agreed.  Just the nature of the beast, I think this team just happens to have a LOT of younger fans that came on board either with Cam or the 15 run that haven't seen this before.

The team's only 25 bro you have to be pretty young to even be a lifelong fan. I think I started around 2001. 

But on that note I think traditionally teams let the backup QBs stay out there when they're winning. It's only been recent years that the starter is put back in as soon as they're cleared. And rest is a luxury for Cam at the moment so I don't see why you bring him back until you have to.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretend for a moment that Cam is cleared medically to play at San Fran. Do you play him?

Facing a great defense, away on the west coast, after a bye (Ron sucks after byes). 

Or would you rather wait a week.

I, like most of the huddle, will let you know after that game.

how is anyone supposed to know if cam is healthy?   his word on it can't be trusted.   like he was healthy for the 3rd preseason game.  you sure about that?   i'm with coach deciding after watching him practice.  can he make all the throws?  can he move?  if so how does he look the next day?  issue is if he sucks it up pulling him out of a game is a lot bigger deal than it seems like people are realizing.   its a huge deal.  huge huge huge.   then when has rivera ever been able to pull him?  its gonna be a real sad mess if he has to get pulled.   it may tear up the locker room.  i have absolutely 0 faith that rivera can handle this situation.  he has shown over and over he can't.   i'm dreading it, and hoping for the teams sake cam balls out.  any other scenario with this staff is probably gonna end in disaster.

5 hours ago, SBiii said:

Which games on the rest of the sched do we feel it is OK for Cam to play in?

Bucs  (Not avail. London game, Cam's foot not ready to fly/stand)

Bye

@ 49'ers  (OUT.  Too risky, some meanies on their D)

Titans  (Prob OK to play assuming he is for sure 100%)

@ Packers  (Too cold? Shud prob stay home)

Falcons  (Prob OK? They arent too good this year)

@ Saints  (OUT.  Mean guys on D who dont like Cam, too risky)

Redskins  (Def OK.)

@ Falcons  (Maybe OK? Astroturf might be bad for his foot)

Seahawks  (Prob not?  Chancellor & Clowney are very mean) 

@ Colts  (Prob OK.  However, astroturf field is a concern)

Saints  (Maybe?  Depends on record at the time)

Looks like Colts, Redskins, Falcons (2) and Titans games he should be OK.  Def should be held out of Packers, Saints and probably Seahawks.  Last Saints game TBD depending on how season is going....if not making playoffs hold him out to save him for the future.

I dont think he should play. I think he should be a back up for the year...unless KA loses two in a row. Then battle it out in training camp next year. Only way I think Cam will be mentally and physically ready.

Everyone is Cam 100% this...Cam 100% that...he's never going to be 100% by virtue of his shoulder injury...Hes an MVP...He has to rise above his struggles...but if he breaks that huddle with no fire...ima be seriously pissed...a lot of his problems seem to be between his ears...I think he'll make a run when he comes back...if he doesnt...i think we'll have the answer to our questions...

19 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I dont think he should play. I think he should be a back up for the year...unless KA loses two in a row. Then battle it out in training camp next year. Only way I think Cam will be mentally and physically ready.

In a weird way I think this whole situation will actually benefit Cam.

Since turning pro -- Cam has never been challenged.

Coaches have always run scared of him.  Never had to compete for his job.  No matter what he does the fans fawn over him.

There's a reason he made a point of being photographed in public on the bike without the walking boot...

...now Cam is the one starting to run a little scared.

Let's hope his latent competitive instincts kick in full force.

While Cam could feasibly be deemed healthy enough to play against San Francisco, that seems optimistic given he just got out of his boot. And given he reinjured his foot after supposedly being 100% and practicing for 2 weeks leading up to the Rams game, it would seem wise to be extra conservative this time. So I would say, whenever Cam appears healthy, hold him out an extra week as a precaution and then play him. I don't see that being any earlier than the Titans game.

6 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

While Cam could feasibly be deemed healthy enough to play against San Francisco, that seems optimistic given he just got out of his boot.

Earlier today someone covering the team tweeted that he was at the facility today...

...and in a boot.

Archived