• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Cam to start @49ers Oct 27th.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, GreensboroPirate said:

It depends what portion of the fanbase you were to ask.  Western New York is a pretty conservative area, and most Bills fans have never watched Cam Newton play, so they view him as essentially a glorified Jameis Winston (or even Jamarcus Russell, depending on how culturally biased that fan is).  Most would not be open to it because they have fixed conception of 'scrambling quarterbacks'.

But among the analytical minded, we realize Cam Newton has been among the best five quarterbacks in the NFL when healthy.  And no one realizes this more than Brandon Beane himself, who was the biggest advocate within the Panthers war room encouraging Hurney to make the selection.  Sean Mcdermott was also reportedly close to Newton.

Josh Allen is not going to get it done, and it would be a shame to squander the elite defense we have.  Given the Buffalo Bills have not been competitive in decades, and the difficulty of finding a franchise quarterback, savvy Bill fans would be very open to rolling the dice on Newton's health to give us a true shot of winning our first Super Bowl in franchise history.

And there is thought within certain insiders that Brandon Beane will explore this.

aka if you say hes anything but the second coming of joe montana you are racist....

1 hour ago, GreensboroPirate said:

It depends what portion of the fanbase you were to ask.  Western New York is a pretty conservative area, and most Bills fans have never watched Cam Newton play, so they view him as essentially a glorified Jameis Winston (or even Jamarcus Russell, depending on how culturally biased that fan is).  Most would not be open to it because they have fixed conception of 'scrambling quarterbacks'.

But among the analytical minded, we realize Cam Newton has been among the best five quarterbacks in the NFL when healthy.  And no one realizes this more than Brandon Beane himself, who was the biggest advocate within the Panthers war room encouraging Hurney to make the selection.  Sean Mcdermott was also reportedly close to Newton.

Josh Allen is not going to get it done, and it would be a shame to squander the elite defense we have.  Given the Buffalo Bills have not been competitive in decades, and the difficulty of finding a franchise quarterback, savvy Bill fans would be very open to rolling the dice on Newton's health to give us a true shot of winning our first Super Bowl in franchise history.

And there is thought within certain insiders that Brandon Beane will explore this.

image.png.ebc4cd727c3ad29598bcb91eabd84879.png

I’m indifferent.  If Kyle is methodically managing the game and we’re winning, I’d prefer to give Cam more time.  I really want him as healthy as he can possibly be before he steps back out there.  I want to see QB1 not what/who ever that was the 1st 2 weeks.  Gimme back my Cam!

11 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Seeing that he cant stand on his foot for more than 3 hrs and the game is in 2 weeks. I say bring him back against Tennessee. Let him get a winnable game. Get his confidence and feel back. But only if his is cleared and 100% and runs drills without pain prior. 

If they start him at a home game, and he doesn't play lights out off the bat, he'll get booed back to the bench.

Archived