• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Cam to start @49ers Oct 27th.

Jeremy Igo

Cleared medically?  Technically he was "cleared medically" when he was heaving those mighty 8 yard passes last year with a bum shoulder and struggling with a foot injury this year.  Hell, my fat ass could probably be cleared medically and I've got two ingrown toenails and a hemorrhoid. 

Dude needs to be 100% Cam before putting him into the game. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hint: a fully ruptured ligament is a type of sprain, it's a grade 3 sprain 

Is that your diagnosis for the injury to Cam's foot?  A grade-3 sprain?

What are your expectations for recovery and timing of returning to play?

How does this compare to a "break"?

1 hour ago, GreensboroPirate said:

Speculation that Brandon Beane will look to trade for Cam Newton this offseason.

Does Cam have a no-trade clause in his contract?

There is NFW he would be willing to live and play in the arctic climate of Buffalo.  I think he would just pack it in and retire to cigar-bar management before he would agree to go to Buffalo.

2 hours ago, GreensboroPirate said:

The Buffalo Bills have the best defense in the NFL, and would be a front runner to win a Super Bowl with good quarterbackplay, in the chance Newton returns to form next season.

You guys are 3-1 and you're looking forward to next year,  welcome to the Huddle!

2 minutes ago, GreensboroPirate said:

He does not have a no trade clause.  And I think people really underestimate how competitive Cam Newton is.  Not a chance he would retire.

The Bills are making the playoffs this year, and have the fiercest defense in the NFL.  Cam would love nothing more than to prove his critics wrong by winning a superbowl for the Buffalo Bills.

At the end of the day, he wants to win.  The Bills are only a quarterback away from being deadly.

Would Panthers fans be open to trading Cam Newton for Josh Allen and a 1st round pick?

Trading Cam for a QB with the last name Allen would lead to hysteria 

Anyone wanting Cam to start at SF needs to remember if Allen is on a 4 game winning streak, Cam is going to be on a short leash. If he struggles again I bet Allen comes in relief pretty quickly. Cam is better waiting until he is not only 100% but has a good chance to do well.

Archived